Aiwa XP-560 PCDP
Jan 16, 2002 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FlurkingShnit

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone remember this slightly older model from Aiwa? I currently use it for my Etymotic ER-4P's and I think it's great. It only has 10 second anti skip but that's more than enough for me. I think that the bass equalization on it doesn't really hurt the bass at all, just makes it sound more full. Maybe my ears aren't true audiophile ears or something. Anyone else own this model of pcdp and have any opinions/comments on it?

On another note, the Etymotic ER-4P's are the greatest headphones I've ever heard. Making the leap from Grado SR-60 to these was a real revelation. I'll always love my Grados, but the Etymotics have so much detail it seems that I can estimate the height of the recording studio where my cd's were recorded. Anyway, this a great forum guys. Keep up the good work.

Jan 17, 2002 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 3
I have the XP-520. Anybody know the specs on it???? I have NO CLUE where the books on it are, as I got the player like 8 years ago. The thing runs for like 2 hours on a set of AAs, so I'd like to know how powerful the amp is and if it's worth me rarely being able to use it portably.

Jan 17, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 3
I'm not sure about the 520, but the specs for the 560, which is the pcdp that I have go like this:

Tracking System: 1-beam laser

Laser Pickup: Semiconductor Laser

D/A Conversion: 8-times oversampling digital filter + 1-bit DAC

Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz

Outputs: PHONES: stereo mini-jack [12 mW + 12 mW, 16 ohms at 1 kHz]

There are a bunch more specs on it on the specs page in the manual but these are the most important ones I think. If you need anything else just post a reply to this one. These specs apply specifically to the XP-560 and XP-260, but hopefully should be somewhat similar to the ones on your 520. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back