Aiwa HP-VX100 vs Senns MX500
Jul 14, 2002 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
My E888 are recently broken, so I have to buy a new pair of earphones again for urban use. I don't want to buy E888 again, so I would like to try other models. Surely I have heard about Koss, but unfortunately they ain't available in Hong Kong, and my parents still ain't that comfortable about buying me stuff on the internet, thus the afforementioned models are probably my only choices. I would be really grateful if you guys can tell me the for and against of them respectively. Thanks a lot.

Jul 14, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 40
HI: I have the senn. mx500 earbud and the vx100 ear cannel ear phone so as you can already see there are a big difference between the two with out me saying anything more but I will. The mx500 are very clear but with out a sliccsound adapter on them they are just good earbuds that will fall out of your ears very easly. If you use sliccsound with them the sound is much improved and they will stay in your ears with out falling out. the vx100 fits nicely in your ear and are earcannel ear phones and sound very nice and give a small amount of isolation with the music playing. The mx cost 17.00 and the sliccsound cost 15.00 for a set of three. the vx100 cost 25.00 plus 10.00 shipping so both of these cans cost about the same with the adapter for the mx. I like either one and think that either would be nice for you acording to your tast. You could get both of them and send the one back if you cared to but might just keep both for different sound use. The easy way to go would be to go audiocubs and get the vx100 for they sound very nice. hope that this helps you. Good luck.

Jul 14, 2002 at 6:50 AM Post #3 of 40
curious LTUCCI1924,

you seem to be the only person who enjoys using Slicsound...every other comment i have read about them has been negative...did you get yours free or something?....just wondering...

Jul 14, 2002 at 8:27 AM Post #4 of 40
I wouldn't bother with the slicsound stuff. the mx500 sound great with just a pair of foamies on them. double pair if they're thin, single will be fine if you can find some thicker ones. check your local electronics-parts-store. cheapest sure-fire solution if you ask me.

Jul 14, 2002 at 12:41 PM Post #5 of 40
jlo mein
HI:Yes I did get my slicsound for free plus a hat and a teeshirt. But that is not why I like them You said everyone else dont like them. I cant see why. If for no other reason they keep my earbuds from falling out of my ears and do enhance the sound but if I am the only guy who likes them thats ok. I tried to buy them but could not get them sent to me buy the stores who had them so I e-mailed china and they sent them to me for free. They are now sold on line. If you tried them you might just like them instead of hearing that they are no good. But it dont matter. If people dont like them ok and if people do like them ok. I have other cans like the koss -35 and portapros that I like better and use most of the time for portable use. I also like the awia vx100 so I only mention slicsound in passing for use with an earbud but thats just my opinion. Its ok if members dont want to try them because they (heard) they are not good. but JLO have you heard them? Now with respect I really dont care if anybody ever get them. There are other choices out there that members will aprove of. It only bothers me a little bit that most of the members that seem to hate slicsound thought never even heard them but if you did buy them and dont like them then I can understand. But jLO it really dont matter and I hope not to afend you by reconmending them for earbud use. I have moved on from them to other cans but for a new guy with little money a mx500 for 17.00 and a slicsound for 15.00 is cheep and for me sound real good for the money but I now reconmend the koss -35 or portapro for the best portable sound for under 50.00. I hope you agree that the 35s or portable are great cans. But if not thats ok. I guess its just different tast. No harm done all is fine.

Jul 14, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 40
In defense of LTUCCI, I think the Slicsounds are, in the very least, an interesting concept and a nice way to add the fit security of a canalphone design. They do cost 15 bucks, and at $15, I think they are a rip. Nevertheless, I suggest that people at least give LTUCCI the respect of not dismissing his Slicsounds without at least having tried them first.

Jul 14, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 40
Well i agree with that. I only asked LTUCCI why he keeps recommending slicsound because i have never read his opinion on them other than that he likes them.

I agree with sTaTIx too. Orginally, everyone who found pics and info on the slicsound thought they were an interesting concept. However, i know personally that i will not be buying slicsound, as i dont even have any earbuds
tongue.gif
, and i do think $15 US is a little up there. But this is just MHO, and i have never tried slicsound so i cannot comment on their performance.

Im still debating if i should get portapros. I have always wanted 35's, but ruled them out since duty and taxes in Canada from Headroom are high. Portas in Canada are around $50US ($75CAN). I already have 50's, but the fit is terrible on my ears. I do however like how my 50's sound.

i still keep hoping that one day i will walk into an electronics store, and behind all the sony streetstyles and such, i will find one final pair of 35's
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 40
jlo mein
A while back I post a lot on the slicsound and how they sound and other stuff but many members thought that I was a shill a salesmen and that I was not a true member and really gave me a hard time and a lot of insults so I stoped posting on them and some how started to fit in here, not to mention that I could not spell or even type right. With a lot of practice I learned to type ok and spell a little better and feel ok here now and think some members do accept me as a member now. If you cant get the koss-35 then I think that you would really like the koss portapro. Just cut a hole in the pads to tame the bass and let the mids and the highs out. Also the portapro have a three way ajustment and if you set them on light it also tames the bass. I also heard that the portapros were on sale for 25.00 but I dont remember where. A search might help find that. Good luck.

Jul 15, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 40
I am currently using the slicsounds with my MX500. They give a better isolation then the foamies but they take some time to adjust in your ear. The slicsound definitely gives the music you are listening to more bass. So to some it up, the slicsound gives you better isolation from outside noise and more bass. They come in sets of 3 different sizes and I'm currently using the small size. I would love to give the other 2 sets away for free. If anyone reading is interested just post here and I'll send it to you regular mail. Again, these two sets I have left sitting on my desk are medium and large. If you do take these, it would be nice to see what you think of them.

Jul 15, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #11 of 40
Sure buddy. You got it. PM me your address.

Jul 25, 2002 at 7:22 AM Post #12 of 40
I got the slicsound! thank you very much! they isolate pretty well, much better then without. they enhance the bass really well, but muddy the sound a bit, but thats ok. they fit much better then the foamy things, but the mediums are a bit big for my ears...

thank you very much again for the slicsounds!

Jul 25, 2002 at 11:53 AM Post #13 of 40
a1leyez0nm3
HI: When I use the small the sound ant there. Please try the medium. They dont fit in your ears they just stay there even though you think the small fit better try thre medium and see the difference in sound.

Jul 25, 2002 at 9:01 PM Post #15 of 40
a1leyez0nm3
I am sorry to confuse you. I will try to say it simply. Try the medium slicsound. They have better sound then the small ones. You will get used to the fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back