Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphone on pre-order now
Jul 23, 2018 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zapp_Fan

Member of the Trade: Aiwa
I'm (again) very excited to be announcing the opening of pre-orders of the Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones.

Before I get ahead of myself, I would like to thank all of the beta testers, and likewise everyone who applied to beta test. It was honestly very hard to narrow it down to a handful of testers, given the outstanding qualifications many of you have. During the beta testing period we got a lot of excellent feedback which continues to come in until our completed shipments are out the door.

Overall feedback about the sound, comfort, and ease of use has been quite positive, we're really excited about how this set of cans has shaped up.

Of course, you take a chance when buying a set of headphones on pre-order before many reviews have been published. We realize this and believe anyone who pre-orders deserves our gratitude.

As such, pre-orders of the Arc-1 come with a bonus hard case (in addition to the nylon/EVA travel case), and $100 in Aiwa Labs Credits which are simply vouchers you can use towards our future product releases.

Not least, pre-orders are eligible for a 3 year return period. This is not a warranty, but a return policy. Whether or not the headphones break or malfunction, you can return them should you so choose. For any reason or no reason at all, send them back for a refund if you decide to. We stand behind this product come hell or high water.

We're announcing the pre-sale a bit ahead of schedule here - only Head-Fi and our "VIP" email list has received the announcement so far. Head-Fi is a place for the most avid headphone fans, so we thought at least a tiny nod to this community was in order. :)

We do expect the first shipment to sell out, so if you're looking to snag a pair in the next 6 weeks, (give or take) now is the time to order.

Without further ado, US customers should use the Amazon listing for pre-ordering:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FFFT8G3

And international customers can use our store:

https://aiwa.co/products/aiwa-arc-1-bluetooth-headphones

Thanks so much, we're very excited about the launch! I'll be online tomorrow to answer questions.

Arc-1_Amazon_Render_Left_Side_RGBA_grande.png

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2 of 7
A bit gutted that you only ship these from US which means 24% VAT custom fees + long shipping times for me. I might still consider due the fact these have aptX-LL support which makes for a perfect TV listening headphone paired with a Bluetooth aptX-LL supporting Bluetootooth transmitter for lowest possible latency over Bluetooth (lower so than LDAC or aptX-HD).

3 years return time is cool for pre-orders but then again it would cost me maybe 70~$80 to return them so that's not really an option either. :p

Anyway I'll take the gamble, I have a gut feeling this will be a rough diamond at its price range and love the design language as in lightweight, comfortable and clean/minimalistic and compact design and is probably a perfect TV/tablet late night companion to not disturb rest of the sleeping ppl in the house which would be my main use for this sort of headphone as all the features/specs and the design kinda makes perfect sense for that kind of useage.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 7
A bit gutted that you only ship these from US which means 24% VAT custom fees + long shipping times for me. I might still consider due the fact these have aptX-LL support which makes for a perfect TV listening headphone paired with a Bluetooth aptX-LL supporting Bluetootooth transmitter for lowest possible latency over Bluetooth (lower so than LDAC or aptX-HD).

3 years return time is cool for pre-orders but then again it would cost me maybe 70~$80 to return them so that's not really an option either. :p

Anyway I'll take the gamble, I have a gut feeling this will be a rough diamond at its price range and love the design language as in lightweight, comfortable and clean/minimalistic and compact design and is probably a perfect TV/tablet late night companion to not disturb rest of the sleeping ppl in the house which would be my main use for this sort of headphone as all the features/specs and the design kinda makes perfect sense for that kind of useage.

@RPGWiZaRD - customs + VAT are never fun, agree with that. We plan to place some units in European / UK distribution centers, so once that happens you'll be able to get the headphones without having to pay those extra fees. I do believe pre-orders will be shipping from the US though, so there is a considerable trade-off involved, unfortunately.

All that said I can confirm these are pretty nice for late-nite listening for TV and such. I was just checking out the new Godzilla anime installment on Netflix (don't judge me) and they work pretty nicely with the Roku app in 'private listening' mode. The rumble for all the stomping around comes through pretty well. :)

Jul 24, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #4 of 7
@RPGWiZaRD - customs + VAT are never fun, agree with that. We plan to place some units in European / UK distribution centers, so once that happens you'll be able to get the headphones without having to pay those extra fees. I do believe pre-orders will be shipping from the US though, so there is a considerable trade-off involved, unfortunately.

All that said I can confirm these are pretty nice for late-nite listening for TV and such. I was just checking out the new Godzilla anime installment on Netflix (don't judge me) and they work pretty nicely with the Roku app in 'private listening' mode. The rumble for all the stomping around comes through pretty well. :)

Oh I should get into anime again, as a kid I actually watched bunch of silly stuff that my pride doesn't allow be shared here. :p

Congrats on already selling out the initial batch, seems like there's been pretty big interest.

Jul 24, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 7
Oh I should get into anime again, as a kid I actually watched bunch of silly stuff that my pride doesn't allow be shared here. :p

Congrats on already selling out the initial batch, seems like there's been pretty big interest.

Thanks!

Netflix, Hulu, etc. make it pretty easy to take in some random anime series at varying levels of embarrassing... One I'm not ashamed to cop to watching was One Punch Man, it's great fun, if you're a fan of the genre you'll appreciate the humor, and the animation in the first season is terrific.

Feb 19, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 7
Is/was there a deadline for this offer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back