Airpods pro
Jun 27, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #481 of 527
It would seem apple is combing airpod pro firmware with ios 14 for new features earphones alone could not do. Time will tell if this marketing or new technological advancement for end user.
I understand there's the feature of being able to switch between devices easily when playing media and outputting out of APP, but what I really dislike is requirement of the devices within the Apple ecosystem. In part, it makes sense Apple can easily implement on their devices exclusively, but also we know Apple likes to force people within their ecosystem, which I really dislike. If you happen to use all Apple, it's a very convenient feature for sure.

Also, Apple needs to provide update support for those not using Apple products. I don't like Apple being so closed as a company.

Another other news, Apple still has not officially announced their full-sized wireless headphone. I was hoping they'd announce it in the conference.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #482 of 527
I understand there's the feature of being able to switch between devices easily when playing media and outputting out of APP, but what I really dislike is requirement of the devices within the Apple ecosystem. In part, it makes sense Apple can easily implement on their devices exclusively, but also we know Apple likes to force people within their ecosystem, which I really dislike. If you happen to use all Apple, it's a very convenient feature for sure.

Also, Apple needs to provide update support for those not using Apple products. I don't like Apple being so closed as a company.

Another other news, Apple still has not officially announced their full-sized wireless headphone. I was hoping they'd announce it in the conference.
One of the problems in technology today is the architecture of chip design difference between apple and others; it makes language code instructions a problem.

Jun 27, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #483 of 527
0dB reviews Comply tips. Similar result to Dekoni. I assume, any memory foam tips will enhance the ANC performance. Comparing Dekoni and Comply, Comply seems to reduce low frequencies slightly more. Comply seems slightly better. I hope 0dB can do a better comparisons with repetitions to find the true differences, as this can be just circumstantial. I would also be interested in measurements of generic after market memory foam tips coming out of China on Ebay or Aliexpress. Anybody want to provide any real useful comparison, it would be between the two brands and generics.

https://www.0db.co.kr/REVIEW_0DB/1405161

Turn the caption on for English subtitles.

Comply
9fbf98e1f79c1698cdfe143813f494e8.png

Dekoni
3bf3b1466e2b5f38a3da8e23a072aae2.png

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #484 of 527
0dB reviews Comply tips. Similar result to Dekoni. I assume, any memory foam tips will enhance the ANC performance. Comparing Dekoni and Comply, Comply seems to reduce low frequencies slightly more. Comply seems slightly better. I hope 0dB can do a better comparisons with repetitions to find the true differences, as this can be just circumstantial. I would also be interested in measurements of generic after market memory foam tips coming out of China on Ebay or Aliexpress. Anybody want to provide any real useful comparison, it would be between the two brands and generics.

https://www.0db.co.kr/REVIEW_0DB/1405161

Turn the caption on for English subtitles.

Comply
9fbf98e1f79c1698cdfe143813f494e8.png

Dekoni
3bf3b1466e2b5f38a3da8e23a072aae2.png

Thank you.

Jun 28, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #485 of 527
This is a really convenient feature thinking about it. I hope we get this feature to include all devices with the network, like game console, Windows PC, phone, etc.. Without unplugging and replugging throughout various devices is where wireless has a large advantage in terms of practicality. I would want something with a battery life on the level of Sony 30 hours WHXM3 that does this auto-switching between multiple devices.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #487 of 527
It sure is interesting looking back at this thread and all the people who disagreed that I had a hardware problem... thousands of others have experienced this since then.
I have no clue to what your problem may be, but I have had three problems that were solved and were not a hardware problem but software or firmware that were solved by complete removal and reinstall.

Sep 4, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #488 of 527
What are the chances I could wear Airpod Pros with something the 3M Peltor X5A or X3A for mowing?

I am trying to upgrade from the stock Apple Earpods, which I have to list to at full volume to even hear over the mower.

I've actually done this. Highly suggest having the hearing protection over the AirPods. As long as you position them carefully, It works quite well, and anything the Peltors don't remove, the AirPods ANC will handle. But they definitely cannot handle that much noise "alone".

Sep 4, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #489 of 527
I've actually done this. Highly suggest having the hearing protection over the AirPods. As long as you position them carefully, It works quite well, and anything the Peltors don't remove, the AirPods ANC will handle. But they definitely cannot handle that much noise "alone".
Been doing this all summer. Great for the riding lawn mower and the tractor. I can listen at reasonable volumes and don't to crank it up just to hear it. I can even do podcasts. If I don't get the Peltors on just right, they bump the APPs and they come a little loose. Not a big deal.

Sep 5, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #491 of 527
I have many iems and headphones but these are the ones i have on 75% of the time:))
Makes sense due to it's practical value. I just wish that the battery life on these get extended like crazy so that the practicality will be pretty much maximal.

So, earlier on I made complaints about the early APP set I purchased having issue with left side charging, and after getting the case and the earpieces replaced under warranty, no issues thus far over a period of 2 months (which is what I expect of Apple products).

While jogging, I do find that it shifts and I have to push it back in. I hope they improve the stayability of the earpieces with a better fit design.

As for software firmware update, APP case will make a indicating light and the phone will make a sound when the firmware updated. It will occur within 15min with the Apple device it's connected to.

Also, I tried the Galaxy Buds Live and cannot recommend them. Since the earphones have no seal, they must have EQ'd the bass (as much as they are able to achieve, but the measurement shows it's impossible to linearize), and it causes bass to be mushy with not much definition or tightness. ANC is mediocre at best. APP is the most real/practical ANC on earphones there is out there. Go with the original buds if looking to buy Galaxy Buds.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #492 of 527
Just update my IP X to IOS 14, APP with FW 3A283. Per suggestion my friend, with Spatial Audio on, i watched Greyhound and Amazing Stories trailers in Apple TV app, I am impressed. In Amazing Stories, I am in restaurant as soon as the boy and girl walk inside it.

Dec 22, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #493 of 527
just joined the broken apple crew (early christmas gift) and i gotta say, apple hit it out of the park with Pros. I already expected it to be when it came out last year given that they bought out beats so now they have a headphone development department. but my stubbornest towards apple made me try out all the other options before giving in and asking for them on my wish list. As the total package, to it cant be beat. anc, size, fit, sound, ease of use, build, connectivity, sweat resistance etc etc, all on point. Yeah, it doesnt have best sq for minute details, but it does everything else well above the other brands. My search for a pair of wireless iems is over, or until i see someone catch up with better sq and does what the pros do in other areas.

So theres an update for these things? if so i need to go look for someone with a iphone to help me out.

Dec 27, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #494 of 527
iPhone users – has anyone tried playing around with the Headphone Accommodations feature in Accessibility settings (think it's only available in iOS14)? I was fiddling around with it and found out I can customize the sound profile of the APP based on an audiogram generated by a hearing test app (try Mimi or SonicCloud).

As someone with moderate hearing loss (49/52 dBHL), being able to use the APP with a custom sound profile based on my hearing test results has been nothing short of revelatory. In Transparency mode it's akin to wearing a hearing aid, although it's not as good as a medical grade device in terms of detail retrieval (I own a pair). It's like having a supercharged hearing aid I can use to make calls and listen to music with.

Thought I'd bring it up here as you can also apply the custom profile to media and phone audio. Music sounds so much better with a custom profile (night and day in my case) and sounds muffled with Headphone Accommodations turned off. There's also a bunch of other tuning options to choose from (Balanced Tone, Vocal Range, Brightness) but I stuck with Audiogram as I found this to be the best sounding option.

IMG_6081.png

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #495 of 527
As someone with moderate hearing loss (49/52 dBHL), being able to use the APP with a custom sound profile based on my hearing test results has been nothing short of revelatory.
+1 to this! I also have moderate hearing loss in my right ear only (due to sudden onset deafness) but have found the difference afforded by hearing accommodations with an audiogram to be absolutely awesome. It really is a night and day improvement. Makes me eager to get a pair of AirPods Max to see how that benefit extends to over ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back