Airpods pro
Jan 13, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #391 of 527
Thx for the link.
I did this before he ever posted when I got them as I have symbio tips. I tried other foam as well. I was not happy with the sound signature at all. For my ear and fit bass was not improved and highs were too rolled off and muted. You can do this with other foam tips. I had a some foam from a company called trinity and did like it as well. I was hoping to find a comply like solution to test
Thanks for the feedback. I was going to try it but the sound change doesn't sound worth it.

As an FYI I also did comparison of the APPs with the Bose 700 and XM3 in a post in the main TWS thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1187#post-15387413

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #392 of 527
Thanks for the feedback. I was going to try it but the sound change doesn't sound worth it.

As an FYI I also did comparison of the APPs with the Bose 700 and XM3 in a post in the main TWS thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...e-we-there-yet.861024/page-1187#post-15387413
I have not tried other TWS but have Bose sound sport wireless. In my humble opinion the APP are better overall in quality of sound with less overall Bass but the Bose bass muddies the other frequencies

I was so impressed with APP and it’s overall features and sound quality I stopped listening to anything else. Not having wires is a huge plus. The ANC/transparency modes are really good and call quality has been impressive with my iPhone. I don’t expect these to sound as good as my Lyra II and I won’t do a comparison to apples and oranges it makes no sense.

I hope Apple will overtime improve/ fine tune the sound signature and battery piece which will make the APP even more “amazing”

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #393 of 527
That leaves me SMH, a fair bit. I mean, the AirPods Pro are very convenient, and have good ergonomics, but sound wise they are destroyed by my Shure 846 and 535 IEM's, not to mention my various high end Sony gear. I can't imagine giving those up to use the APP exclusively.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #394 of 527
That leaves me SMH, a fair bit. I mean, the AirPods Pro are very convenient, and have good ergonomics, but sound wise they are destroyed by my Shure 846 and 535 IEM's, not to mention my various high end Sony gear. I can't imagine giving those up to use the APP exclusively.

in which way you think that APP are destroyed by the veiled Shure? Just take a look at the FR response of both and then we will talk again. I also used to own the Shure 846 and I am well aware that the Shure treble is problematic as hell, a matter well discussed and analyzed by many unhappy owners here in Head Fi. Shure could never have the transparency and HF brightness of the APP, not by any means! Sorry but the APP on an iPhone with Apple Music is a much better all rounder than the 10 years old Shure.

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #395 of 527
Thank you
I goggled but I don’t see the comply-like tips just the sponge like. Any chance you can provide the link?
Jeez autocorrect

Sorry, but don't have a link. I got it in China when I was there.

Jan 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #396 of 527
In my humble opinion they sound very good. They are not a wired IEM and I Understand and accept that.
Also, I have a jailbroken iPhone and use EQE app it’s a system wide EQ which makes the APP even better
Thx. Bummer. Enjoy
[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 13, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #397 of 527

Here's an ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274150236720. These are pretty pricey, but are supposedly made in the USA, unlike other Chinese knockoffs available on ebay. They're available in white or black. I ordered a set in white, should get them Friday.

There's a video that shows how to attach them, with some more details in the comments on the YouTube page.

Jan 13, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #398 of 527
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #399 of 527
Here's an ebay link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274150236720. These are pretty pricey, but are supposedly made in the USA, unlike other Chinese knockoffs available on ebay. They're available in white or black. I ordered a set in white, should get them Friday.

There's a video that shows how to attach them, with some more details in the comments on the YouTube page.

I'll be interested in your impressions!

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #401 of 527
Yeah, I just checked my firmware and I’m affected by the firmware update that deteriorated the noise cancelling. I was wondering why it wasn’t as effective any more on planes and now it makes sense. Hope they fix it soon.

It seems Apple has either deliberately or accidentally greatly degraded the ANC in recent firmware updates, which by the way happen whether we want them or not. Not good.
https://www.macrumors.com/2020/01/13/airpods-pro-2c54-firmware-noise-canceling/

I wonder if this is related to the blown driver effect I experienced recently in my left unit, which has been replaced.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #402 of 527
I tried my Jabra Elite 65t after using the APP exclusively for a week. I'm shocked at how bad the Jabra's sound. I thought they sounded pretty good before, but I guess I was habituated to their sound.

Now I don't know what to do with the Jabra earphones. The lithium batteries will degrade even faster if they're not used, and I can't really sell an old pair of Bluetooth earphones. Seems like I keep them as backup.

Jan 21, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #404 of 527
I'm on my second pair of APP's due to an issue with my first and It definitely sounds like something with the ANC changed...Kind of a bummer.

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #405 of 527
I know nobody wants to talk about burn in (mechanical or psychological), but my APP's sound changed after about 12 days (using them for 2 hours max each day). For the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back