AirPods Max
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #4,862 of 5,629
What about the EQ in iOS / Settings / Music - EQ?
Obviously not manual EQ control but predefined modes.
I don't like any of the presets. They're a bit too crude for me. The manual EQ in iTunes isn't brilliant either but I can at least trim/boost certain frequencies.
What I'd really like is a parametric EQ but I can't see that happening :smile:

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #4,863 of 5,629
Not sure I agree with you on that, considering their wired headphones bled more sound to everyone around the listener, compared to the ACTUAL listener. And the keyboard keys on the macbooks are loud as crap. Clacky clacky clacky. Some horrible, HORRIBLE design choices.
It's all part of advertising your ecosystem choice in the coffee shop. Gotta have the white Q tips dangling out of your ear, the clackety clack keyboard and the illuminated logo. Don't sit next to me with your Chromebook and Galaxy buds, peasant.

I've always been ambivalent with Apple. Some of their hardware makes my underwear moist, but things like sharing audio to ONLY Apple/Beats headphones and iTunes constantly losing artwork/metadata boils my piss.

Sep 17, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #4,865 of 5,629
wow really?
I watched a scientology doco last night, reminds me of that.
Yup. The main reason I got into cans in the first place is because I moved to a terraced house, so can't blast my 5.1 system anymore. So anyway, already owning some nice cans, I bought the APM on a whim (mainly because of the hype) and loved them (thank god!). So, sat down to watch a movie with the missus. Me wearing APM and her my H9s. Paired APM to the Apple TV, clicked 'share audio'.......H9s didn't appear. Great. Googled it and sure enough, Share Audio only works with H1/W1 enabled cans, so that's just Apple and Beats then. Nice anti-consumer move there, Apple.

Why on earth dual BT isn't standard across the board absolutely baffles me.

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #4,866 of 5,629
Yup. The main reason I got into cans in the first place is because I moved to a terraced house, so can't blast my 5.1 system anymore. So anyway, already owning some nice cans, I bought the APM on a whim (mainly because of the hype) and loved them (thank god!). So, sat down to watch a movie with the missus. Me wearing APM and her my H9s. Paired APM to the Apple TV, clicked 'share audio'.......H9s didn't appear. Great. Googled it and sure enough, Share Audio only works with H1/W1 enabled cans, so that's just Apple and Beats then. Nice anti-consumer move there, Apple.

Why on earth dual BT isn't standard across the board absolutely baffles me.
$1trillion company, how else are they going to make money?

Edit, just buy a brand new apple tv

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #4,869 of 5,629
Is there any other manufacturer whose headsets can be paired and actively listen to the same source? I‘m not sure… I think this is a non-standard feature that’s not part of the Bluetooth spec… so Apple chips know how to do that with other Apple-chip equipped headphones, but simply cannot share with anybody else.

I‘d love for my other Bluetooth devices to move between sources like my APM or AirPods… but I think it’s not Apple who did not enable this.

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #4,870 of 5,629
Is there any other manufacturer whose headsets can be paired and actively listen to the same source? I‘m not sure… I think this is a non-standard feature that’s not part of the Bluetooth spec… so Apple chips know how to do that with other Apple-chip equipped headphones, but simply cannot share with anybody else.

I‘d love for my other Bluetooth devices to move between sources like my APM or AirPods… but I think it’s not Apple who did not enable this.
Pretty sure Android can do it, although I haven't looked into it in detail.
You're probably right with it not being a standard feature of BT, but you can buy external boxes that can duplicate the signal to 2 pairs of headphones.
It's just frustrating knowing the ATV can physically do it, but Apple have put a H1/W1 blocker in place on purpose.

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #4,871 of 5,629
Just picked these up. Really like the build quality. Going to sound compare with the rest of my ANC headphone collection(most of the big names), but the only one that comes close in build quality and feel is the PX7.

Sep 19, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #4,873 of 5,629
Just picked these up. Really like the build quality. Going to sound compare with the rest of my ANC headphone collection(most of the big names), but the only one that comes close in build quality and feel is the PX7.
Intruiged to see your impressions.
I found the PX7 competitive with the APM on build and sound, I actually prefer the PX7 tuning but think the APM has a better technical side.
That said, the controls and pairing on the APM is so far ahead I sold the PX7. Also that stupid cloth kevlar material B&W used which picks up dust and lint...Comfort too, APM crushed the PX7 on that.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #4,874 of 5,629
Intruiged to see your impressions.
I found the PX7 competitive with the APM on build and sound, I actually prefer the PX7 tuning but think the APM has a better technical side.
That said, the controls and pairing on the APM is so far ahead I sold the PX7. Also that stupid cloth kevlar material B&W used which picks up dust and lint...
I used to have the PX7, but had to return them as sounded sharp sibilant to my ears which was uncomfortable. Had to keep volume low. Perhaps they introduced a firmware update or software eq feature to address it after i returned them .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back