AirPods Max
Dec 21, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #1,112 of 5,629
Dec 21, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #1,113 of 5,629
What are you talking about? Apple hasn’t needed to artificially limit supply for any of their products in recent history. You have no evidence for any of your assertions except for your gut. All you need to do is look at launch quarters for apple products. They sell as many as they can make. This isn’t just a marketing thing. This is from Apple executives speaking, at legal risk if they mislead, during investor calls.

Yeah, people just likes to come up theories to fit their narratives. I used to work for the company that makes iPhones for Apple. The reason for “limited supply” especially in the earlier days of iPhone era was simple, both Apple and Foxconn underestimated the demand. Who knew they would sell so well? Foxconn was building factories as fast as they could trying to keep up with the demand.

Dec 21, 2020 at 1:29 AM Post #1,114 of 5,629
This is a weird review. It’s incredibly negative. This is the most negative review of the AirPods Max I’ve seen from anyone.

He’s even saying that the AirPods Pro sound better and have better imaging than the Max do. That can’t be right, can it? Every single review I’ve seen to date has said the Max have significantly better audio quality than the Pros, which already sound pretty good. But DMS is of a different opinion.

Hmm... maybe he just have a higher standards than normal people for Noise cancelling headphones. Does not mean anything if you enjoy the APM though.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #1,117 of 5,629
Or this dude, who compares them favorably to Utopias driven from a Dave

He should maybe get his ears checked lol.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,119 of 5,629
If you don't think ios is a walled garden, then there's not much more I can say at this point other than to suggest that you may be one of those apple fans I was referring to above where Apple can do no wrong. Apple makes a product that is neutered to literally 72 percent of the planet and you are arguing that it's not a walled garden. I'm tapping out. This stuff is usually reserved for macrumors.

Except I never said that did I. What I was taking issue with, as you well know, was your supposition presented as fact when you have a) zero knowledge of the supply levels, b) haven't heard them yourself and c) showed a total lack of understanding around Apple's pricing models and position in a given market.

You then compound these errors by thinking that Apple ever care about non-Apple users (and with an addressable markets of well over 1 billion why would they), and then fall back on to a number of bait and switch arguments before collapsing into 'you must be one of those blind Apple fans'. From what I can make out, you've decided these are overpriced and have spent a lot of time building straw men to support that position.

Dec 21, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #1,120 of 5,629
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,121 of 5,629
Im waiting for the Sennheiser he 1 vs APM YouTube video and APM winning.

APM clearly makes all of the head fi gear that has ever been made obselete and inferior. It actually has rendered the hi fi market of top tier stereo speakers and amps redundant.

Is there even a need for televisions and monitors anymore? I have a feeling that once you put the APMs on it lets you see images in 8K resolution via stimulating the vision centres in our brains.

I heard there will be an add-on dongle that we can put on our APMs that allows us to never lift a finger anymore. The dongle is creates a holographic semi permanent physical copy of our bodies that we can send to work and also pick up the groceries and toilet paper.

Damn APM's are good!

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #1,122 of 5,629
If you haven’t seen it...

AirPod Max for Music Producers

He mainly uses the HD6xx as his reference pair for his job, and looks to compare APM to them here.

Always interesting to see perspectives from different use cases. We listen to music, this guy mixes music.

EDIT:: He isn’t doing a thorough breakdown yet In that video. He more...introduces and explains his high expectations for APM in his job. More videos to come, I think.

Currently building the video layout for when I do the full breakdown from 'my world' use.
Does anyone have any questions or direct comparisons they'd be curious in that may fit the content brief? (APM in use of a music studio / music production setup)

Cheers for the share!
G

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #1,123 of 5,629
I agree with him with the highs, they are piercing. I'm not sure if it's a psychological thing, but they've gotten better for me, though I've also turned the volume down a notch. The highs do get better if you have a better mastered recording though, I did notice that.
Still burning mine in - its very apparent on ESS transient sounds for me. Or high end percussive elements / shakers / tambos.

I think it's most highlighted on records that defeat certain mastering standards where loudness is pushed to an extreme (i work predominantly with rock and metal where this is a common)

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #1,124 of 5,629
Guys we need some serious comparisons here, otherwise this thread will become useless. Or, may be we stop comparing it to any other headphones. We now know they are good, may be even better than Bose and Sony ANCs but let’s not jump off the tracks and compare them to Hd800s/Utopia etc.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,125 of 5,629
Guys we need some serious comparisons here, otherwise this thread will become useless. Or, may be we stop comparing it to any other headphones. We now know they are good, may be even better than Bose and Sony ANCs but let’s not jump off the tracks and compare them to Hd800s/Utopia etc.

To me they are like the Bose NC700 with more bass. Add on the other features, and build quality, they’re probably 50-100 over their ideal price point. I have the Beoplay H95’s coming too so will see how these compare to those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back