AirPods Max
Dec 8, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #106 of 5,629

I’m actually are excited with this, You know what apple is doing? They’re increasing the ceiling on how expensive a wireless Bluetooth anc headphones can be. Remember Beats are what started to popularize 200-300 usd price as the okay price for a good pair of headphone.
Now that the AirPods max is the same price as a Sony Z7 stays, ie an upper midrange/ lower high end audiophile closed back price, and if it actually sells quite well....
I’m looking forward to what the other guys, aka Sennheiser, Sony, Bose, etc would have to compete with the Max.
Because honestly, all their 300 usd wireless anc headphones sounds *** for the price, if at double the ceiling they can design them to sound at least as good as a good 300 usd closed back headphones, I’m good.

Or start selling the same c**p at double the price.
Like Beats sold $20 phones for 6 times the price just for making them look ugly.

Im just happy to own apple stock, hope everyone loves em
Same here, been owning a bunch of shares for over 20 years, so come on folks, order your Pink Airpods Max by the dozen and hype em up! :relaxed:

Dec 8, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #107 of 5,629
I wish adaptive EQ was something more sophisticated like it will scan your ear shape and EQ accordingly. I Know iphones can scan with a lidar, and it would be interesting if there was system that was figured with with the shape of people's ears. Being able to know how the different potion of the ear in it's shape causes certain sound response. I don't believe we know that much as of yet. So, when they say 'adaptive' bla, don't think anything that sophisticated.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #108 of 5,629
I wish adaptive EQ was something more sophisticated like it will scan your ear shape and EQ accordingly. I Know iphones can scan with a lidar, and it would be interesting if there was system that was figured with with the shape of people's ears. Being able to know how the different potion of the ear in it's shape causes certain sound response. I don't believe we know that much as of yet. So, when they say 'adaptive' bla, don't think anything that sophisticated.

SXFI has that but I don’t find its VSS all that convincing, I think the SBX VSS on the G6/X7 does a much better job.

Dec 8, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #110 of 5,629
What codec is supported by the AirPods Max? AAC and SBC?
Sadly yes. Even though the 400 Panda and the Mobius to name a few support LDAC. This the the biggest omission to me for their price. If a true lossless solution was offered I probably wouldn't have hesitated. Something fees wrong about 550 BT cans that don't do LDAC.

Dec 8, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #111 of 5,629
I'm very excited for these. Can't wait to try one and I'll likely pick one up, along with a new iPhone 12 Pro Max to replace my 7+ I've had since launch! 4 years I think it's been? Maybe even five?

Anyway...Apple doing this is GOOD for the audiophile community. Bringing nearly $600 headphones into the mainstream is a good thing.

Dec 8, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #112 of 5,629
I'm very excited for these. Can't wait to try one and I'll likely pick one up, along with a new iPhone 12 Pro Max to replace my 7+ I've had since launch! 4 years I think it's been? Maybe even five?

Anyway...Apple doing this is GOOD for the audiophile community. Bringing nearly $600 headphones into the mainstream is a good thing.

Yeah, the trend of pricing stuff way more expensive than it should be is awesome...

I went from a 6S to an 11 Pro Max last year. Reallly started hating that big thing. Changed to a 12 Mini last month and I sure hope they'll keep making those minis.

Dec 8, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #113 of 5,629
Frankly shocking choice of materials. Mesh earcups...seriously? Mesh tears and stains easily, a pair of APNs will likely not age well at all.

I have a pair of APPs and enjoy them greatly, but this...this ain’t it.

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #114 of 5,629
It seems many were interested. New Online orders now say shipping date of March 2021.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #118 of 5,629
I’ll await reviews. The price is unexpected but isn’t too shocking , I paid $400 for my Bose 700 and charging case. But for $500+ these better sound good.

While I’m not too worried about LDAC playback ( On lossy compressed Bluetooth? Really?) I can’t imagine Apple dropping the ball on SQ. None of the features matter if the sound is worse than lower priced competitors.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #119 of 5,629
LDAC isn’t the be-all and end-all of audio codecs. The Sony XM3s use LDAC but the audio tuning has such flabby bass I eventually sold my pair. Don’t know if the 4 sounds any better.

AAC is on iPhones is fine. Not like they can do anything else either. SBC is just...no.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:08 AM Post #120 of 5,629
On ears :D.
But for having listened to both of them yep, the Beats Solo Pro have quite a few similarities with the K371 IMO for better or worse.
I missed the on-ears bit. Then I will submit the Audeze Sine. RTings haven't measure them but Innerfidelity have:
1607497690426.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back