Airbow SR-SC21 STAX SR-507
Nov 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #16 of 28
http://www.ippinkan.com/stax_sr-009_sr-007.htm

here is a review in Japanese.  I am getting a pair of airbow sr sc21 from pricejapan. they are my first pair of electrostatic cans.

from what you can see on the Japanese review. the reviewers scored them higher than the sr 009 everywhere. with own airbow amps and stax amps.

that kind of piqued my curiosity.

I wish I could have the airbow  srm253 pac 253 amplifier to go with them, but seems very hard to get and I d'ont know if they can modify them to have correct voltage.

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #17 of 28
http://www.pricejapan.com/front/e_result_goods.php?in_maker=&in_category=10&search_value=&orderby=&asc_desc=0&pg=2

the airbow sr sc21 are less than a 1100 bucks usd$ on pricejapan. 

Nov 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #19 of 28
Condenser headphone flagship model comparison listen

STAX SR-009/SR-007a AIRBOW SR-SC21/SR-SC11

From STAX are making only condenser type headphone in the world , SR-009 was released as the highest models . SR-009 is equipped with a new drive system and a new diaphragm that has greatly progressed from top model SR-007a traditional . Pronunciation of the ear speaker of STAX ( what drive system and a diaphragm becomes unit ) will be improved significantly , it is a really since 1987 . Focusing on this high-quality sound in the gem , and has been recommended products from previous STAX . However , the finest model of STAX so high prices very as headphone , it's put out sound that exceeds the senior model from the product of a low price if you Hodokose cryogenic processing (dct processing ) condenser headphones STAX to ( ear speaker ) that we have developed the original model or not and to think , were high-quality sound of its own , including cryo- processing (DCT processing ) to the STAX SR-404 with the cooperation of the STAX, to be commercialized as AIRBOW SC-SR1 I was successful .

( Comparison listen and articles SR-007 is here ), SR-SC1 that targeted manner , it was possible to achieve a high-quality sound of about more than the SR-007 at a price of about half of the STAX best model SR-007 at the time the six months since its release we feel that recorded sales of more than 100 sets of large and without waiting for , a new fan of AIRBOW condenser headphone was born . However , this wonderful SR-SC1 are no longer able to continue production by production completion of the base model SR-404. So , I started to develop products that made the high-quality sound of the original AIRBOW based SR-307/407/507 of STAX new product as the successor model of the SR-SC1. Was completed with the cooperation of the STAX again is the two models of customized model · SR-SC21 of SR-507 and customized model · SR-SC11 of SR-407.

This time , its dedicated amplifier AIRBOW SRM-253/PAC-253 and AIRBOW ear speakers of the two performs compared to hear a combination of the finest amplifier SRM-007tA of STAX SR-007a and the old and the new top model of the SR-009 STAX directly below . Latest flagship model SR-009 of STAX is what progress has been made in how much from the SR-007? New headphones AIRBOW is , what can be achieved sound that approaches the TOP model of STAX at a price significantly below it again ? Please see the test results !

Then, you were grateful that with regard to development and production of SRM-253 and SR-SC11/SR-SC21 AIRBOW SR-SC1, new products , was bestowed a great deal of courtesy and assistance from STAX. In addition , Kiyohara Yusuke gem museum representative that the AIRBOW condenser headphone sound system decided that because I tested this , it may be scoring AIRBOW be slightly sweet . Also , I think the judgment of the sound quality only drive amplifier and speakers of the Year , respectively , the change is sound judgment and affinity to combine with (SACD player ) , with personal preference . Still I'm sure the sound quality of AIRBOW product of low-cost , and comparable to expensive STAX product . Listening stations of TAX SR-009 is in preparation but , AIRBOW you can try at any time in Building 1 over-the-counter product almost all STAX installed in the shop all models already . On your bring , it is proposed to happy if Kudasare your actual evaluation software that made ​​you listen usually the sound quality of the headphone system in the world best gem museum to recommend with confidence .

From the left image , AIRBOW SRM-253 (\ 45,000), PAC-253 (\ 33,000), STAX SRM-007tA (\ 147,000)

STAX SR-007a (\ 210,000)

STAX SR-009 (\ 388,500)

AIRBOW SR-SC11 (\ 68,000)

AIRBOW SR-SC21 (\ 98,000)

CD / SACD player that was used

AIRBOW UX1SE/Limited (\ 1,500,000), (Antelope Audio OCX use )

I used a high-quality clock generator Antelope Audio OCX to the top of the model UX1SE/Limited AIRBOW the playback player .

Listen to the STAX SR-007a + SRM-007tA First , we made the scoring of other models in the sense of relative standards as "10 points" it .

Listen software (1) · Hilary Hahn plays Bach (CD): sony

You will be able to discern the relationship between the reflected sound of the hall and direct sound of the violin and the relationship of sound judgment out of the musical instruments of the violin solo album is or not ? Correct .

STAX SR-007a
STAX SR-009
AIRBOW SR-SC11
AIRBOW SR-SC21

STAX
SRM-007tA (\ 147,000)

10 points

Extra sound does not sound like a ride to the capacitor headphones , sound is beautiful transparent.

Sound very fine to be reproduced properly , but the corners of the sound of movement of the piece of violin round , attack of the strings is a little weak .

Since the corners of the super-high region are rounded , there may feel uncomfortable very thin veil like took .

12 points

The high frequency range is extended and clean compared to 007a. Which may from time to time , the high-frequency feel a little annoying it would because of the software . Fine of the sound to be reproduced in the number of premium about 007a, feel highs was curious in the SR-007a does not fit growth is completely gone . However , compared to SR-007a was able to taste the goodness of the sound of the tone hole , feeling that as it is heard the sound of microphone caught near the sound source is .

14 points

Sound is a little rough compared to SR-009 , but the accuracy of the sound is higher , the sense of discomfort are using headphones than the SR-009 is small .
Difference in the sound that surrounds the sound of the violin itself , around the violin is a natural atmosphere in the hall comes through clearly than the SR-009.
Changes in the volume is linear scaling than SR-009, the difference in the tone of large and small sound and sound is reproduced clearly than the SR-009.
The price is much cheaper than the SR-009 , but I feel that by no means inferior in almost all performance is .

14 points

Roughness of the sound was curious in the SR-SC11 is lost , the high frequency is adapted to extend smoothly .
However , it is to feel any " extra sound and sweetness of high-frequency " with which it SRM-007tA have in exchange .
Person of the SR-SC11 think compatibility with the SRM-007tA Just as listen to music in a more natural , good feeling .
Power is too enters the playing in SR-SC11. However , the difference is something slight as to be negligible .

AIRBOW
SRM-253 (\ 45,000)
PAC-253 (\ 33,000)

12 points

It can be seen that the reproduced sound of SRM-007tA has been modulated by the sound of the vacuum tube and listen to the SRM-253. Sound is a bit less , but the fundamental violin solid, sound becomes thick . It seems to say that listening to the sound of a different instrument . SRM-007tA might have been somewhat higher than the SRM-253 in fineness , but the natural feeling of the sound piece core strength of the sound of the violin rattle , SRM-253 is much more than the SRM-007tA, effect of thin veil that had been feeling almost disappears . Sound looks like the movement of the body of the player is out .

14 points

It sounds fine of the high frequency even as fell slightly , but the atmosphere of the place comes through tightly than the SRM-007tA timing of sound it fits snugly . I understand completely resolved is the lack of growth or high range felt a disadvantage , energy balance 's been properly compared with SR-007a. And the difference of the sound by the strings of a violin , the sound rattle of the piece is also accurately reproduced . It was found to have evolved normally drawbacks SR-007a is removed .

13 points

SRM-253 was good obviously Comparing the SRM-253 and SRM-007tA in SR-007a. However , the difference is small and change in SR-SC11 ear speaker .
The start of the sound is solid, I can see clearly than the SRM-007tA and baud rate of change ( archer ) , is how to put the power of the player .
That you are playing the violin violinist shaking the body , comes through from the sound .
Sound and feel only slightly rougher than the SR-009 , but the accuracy of the sound is felt SR-SC11 is greater than the SR-009.
It's sound without discomfort very natural . That you are over the headphones sometimes , disappear from consciousness .

16 points

AIRBOW is intended , natural sound comes out overwhelmingly . The presence of headphones disappears completely , I hear the CD in the mood for listening to live music in the hall .
Sound is fine The difference between SR-SC11, a slight roughness of highs thing disappear .
Acoustic energy balance is optimized tone is thick and the difference between the SR-009, (SR-009 is too elongation) high frequency decays naturally by the presence of headphones in SR-SC21 is completely it is in part to disappear . The sound of a violin is also thicker than the SR-009 is SR-SC21, I hear the violin under the impression close to raw .
There is no discomfort at all wonderfully hands down this natural sound , I feel that the sound of all of the holes to hear .
It has become tired and drawn into the great performance of Hilary Hahn , it 's removing the headphones .

Listen software (2) · Hilary Hahn Bach Concertos / Los Angels Chamber Orchestra / Jeffrey Kahana (SACD): Grammophon

Sound tends to dumpling ( overlaps not loosened ) under the influence of multi- microphone this software , putting out snugly changes " tone ( texture ) " of not only the resolution will be required to play the instrument . The equipment does not change the tone sounds good even if finely specs , I will hear loud . You should be able to enjoy the music , regardless of the quality of the recording if Kikere gently this software to spread .

STAX SR-007a
STAX SR-009
AIRBOW SR-SC11
AIRBOW SR-SC21

STAX
SRM-007tA (\ 147,000)

10 points

Sound beautiful in the smooth sound of the stringed instrument , but it's sounds like come from the other side of the veil still a little thin .
Extrusion feeling comes through there is a sufficient thickness of the sound of the double bass . It would be unique beauty of STAX How to hear open-minded little tightness .
No significant complaints , but where you hear the high frequency is cloudy is worried about a little until the end .

12 points

I want to be no improvement or growth in the high range of SR-007a. I would come out even more firmly low frequency .
However , I felt when combined the SRM-253 and SR-007a, clearly sense of the scale of bass and good separation of each part is retracted .
You've missed when you're listening to a solo of Hilary Hahn , the cause was clearly concerto .
It 's poor to a change in the tone of the instrument . There is a " tone " to each instrument . Freshness is highly sound of violin in stringed instrument of the same shape , attack is thicker than the violin cello , there is a thickness to the sound of the double bass . Difference in the tone 's hard to come out with a combination of SRM-007tA and SR-009.
Change of tone even though small , the high-frequency sounds because change , high frequency is felt annoyingly . The discomfort you feel audio basis , and electrical , seems to have had the sound .

14 points

Regeneration zone is felt smaller and up and down slightly when compared to SR-009. The size of the concert hall is felt a little small for that .
However , towards the SR-SC11 changes firmly than the SR-009, this person has a small incompatibility with live music , sound was a problem in the SRM-007tA can listen happily playing .
Sound quality difference between the SR-009 is reset when listening for a while , it becomes to enjoy music thoroughly with SR-SC11.
Sonaruto and as it accounted , scaled-down feeling completely disappear . Ear if there is a " ( sounds uncomfortable feeling remains ) sound that is not familiar " with it " ( natural sound ) sound to get used " , AIRBOW 's sound ears to get used . It is strange that when I continue to hear for a while and quit than to hear the sound of any more from coming come to be felt unnecessary.

15 points

Even in combination with SRM-007tA, sounds like a combination of the SRM-253 and SR-SC11 appear when you change to SR-SC21 ear speaker .
Sound of the SRM-007tA that felt cold and expressionless little in SR-009 is changed to those warm organic When asked in SR-SC21.
That the sound of a violin is bright , it is a perfect combination of melody of each part while separation comes through very clearly .
SR-SC21 to deploy a large sound field space decomposes admirably , this software recording is poor , the sound tends to be dumpling .
It's sound with the response listening .

AIRBOW
SRM-253 (\ 45,000)
PAC-253 (\ 33,000)

14 points

I feel quite large differences in the SRM-253 and SRM-007tA in this song .
First , three-dimensional effect is different. Were separated cleanly each Bad violin , cello , double bass is not muddy , scale bass part is clear .
The changes to the sound you want to hear the sound masking sense of highs was curious also greatly improved , can be heard .

14 points

In the transistor amplifier and usually vacuum tube amplifier , towards the tube amp is excellent reproducibility of the tone , but it does not apply to SRM-253.
Sound of a violin concert master is thick , good tone of the instrument is to be reproduced .
Separation of each part will be brilliant , but the harmony is beautiful at the same time . Reasonably , I would like to be unreasonable melody of each part .
If this sound , it is possible to listen to music fun . In SRM-007tA, tended sounded metallic sound of the violin is monotonous .

16 points

But SR-SC11 was felt bass is less than that of the SR-009, it will improve as a lie when I change to the SRM-253 amplifier .
Change of tone is rich than the SR-009 to SR-SC11, features the sound of each instrument is reproduced more clearly when the sound overlap, sense of separation of each part outperforms clearly the SR-009 have . In the first test, I felt SR-009 is more than SR-SC11 in a comprehensive manner when compared to SR-009 and SR-SC11 , but it is reversed in this software .
SR-SC11 is realized vividness of sound clearly exceeding SR-009, the good of the sound , the size of the reproducibility of the dynamism of the performance . In this software , the difference is clear .

17 points

Conductor that I have taught music , affirms rather than a rhythm melody harmony , elements of the music that's exercise space modeling .
I also agree 100% on that opinion . Symphony to be played in a concert hall , exercise while changing the size of the sound field space .
Or become larger , or smaller , while changing its shape in various ways.
If you listen to this performance in the SRM-253 and SR-SC21, it comes through To acutely .
Each sound is separated into immiscible . Musical tone overlap to look like the other side is transparent , each part is wonderfully dynamic , and hit the time , to fuse at .
Sound while spreading in three dimensions in space in front of the eyes, Yuku disguised himself as a sculpture that is totally live . I feel it , it's the image of the performance of the best . But , music SRM-253 and SR-SC21 plays very close to the image .

Listen software (3) · Orange Pekoe 10th Anniversary BEST ALBUN SUN & MOON (CD): BMG JAPAN

Most of the music has been composed of vocal and acoustic instruments in a natural recording simple . I also contains elements of female vocal and JAZZ in contents But J-POP. I think this software becomes well , soft vocal -based music and acoustic and listen very comfortable .

STAX SR-007a
STAX SR-009
AIRBOW SR-SC11
AIRBOW SR-SC21

STAX
SRM-007tA (\ 147,000)

10 points

Because I heard just difficult song , I tried to listen to a simple song .
Sound is fine beautifully . Incidental sound is small , but it feels like you're listening to the sound on the other side of the thin veil still .
Sound 's to separate cleanly when the instrument much two is ringing or one , but it becomes a dumpling sound overlapping harmony and covers the vocals , the sound of the back of the vocal becomes inaudible . I feel loud sounds that are not heard. Expression of vocal bluntly , conduction of excitement is thin . I'm singing with their lips .

14 points

Difference of SR-009 and SR-007a is really big in this software . First of all , I greatly improved separation of sound.
Is the raw and the guitar is improved , it becomes audible sound of wood neatly -based ringing in the back is also not hiding it .
There is convincing as someone else also vocal . Harmony enters , sound allow for overlap , each sound is well separated .
Resolution is increased at a stretch , I can see the movement of the element to the microphone .
Sound quality 's a little dry , but the difference between the SR-007a is surprisingly large . Compared to hear in this software , I should be able to convince enough price difference of SR-009 and SR-007a.

17 points

The sound of one-by-one can hear clearly when compared to SR-009. Caught up in the vortex of excitement from the moment the separation of each instrument is also a vivid , performance began .
Vocalist is the best , is singing and devoted all of life . In the raw and the emotions transmitted to the heart , tears came out unintentionally . If you listen to music in such a sound , do not go to the concert .
Also amplifier that 's SRM-007tA, I totally forgot .

17 points

Sound of the SR-009 was also delicate , but finer sound to hear clearly SR-SC21 in this software . Sound of the left hand to slide the string when the guitarist to change the code .
Sound vocalist is moving the body in front of the microphone , breathe gently . Feeling that " sound all " rang in the studio to hear .
Tone is beautiful , warm sound . The SRM-007tA and ( this song ) this software , compatibility is very good .
It is analytically stunning sound comes out at the last-minute balance that is not too analytical , does not impair the musicality .
That up to that moment that sound is all vanish song is over , inaudible sound is followed has been transmitted to the body .

AIRBOW
SRM-253 (\ 45,000)
PAC-253 (\ 33,000)

12 points

The sound of the guitar becomes thick . The sound of the wood -based swell a little , lingering longer . Convincing vocal increase slightly , but it can not be said yet poignant .
To improve a little separation of part harmony overlapping vocals , but I want you to separate more vividly .
It was not a difference to the extent that it can be said you ever wanted to improve drastically more from the test up to now, but I know the difference in the misunderstanding , but it's dramatic .
Still ( vividness of lip noise) feel wet lips became pretty real .

16 points

I can not feel a big difference between the RM-007tA the fine of the sound , but the mood is completely different .
The sound of the guitar remains crisp , lingering sound is sweet . In other words , good sound of the instrument is to be reproduced properly .
" ( Difference of reproducibility of the tone ) the difference of the change in tone " that was felt in the Bach Concerto Hilary Hahn reveals in this software .
Forget the presence of headphones , it is to be immersed in music . The result impressed involuntarily felt phrase convincing out vocal of " I love you " , as have complained sincerely rather than lip service .

15 points

Had wanted to switch to the SRM-253 amplifier , and of course will be better . However , the sound got better results , but unlike , music has become a little analytical .
SRM-007tA gave me off the presence of the microphone , but , SRM-253 would feel the presence of the microphone .
This software does not necessarily have changed a little , the sound is the best and leave the apparatus with excellent sound quality . Compatibility with AIRBOW CD2300/Special was good in you 've ever heard .
Selene is to hear in the player but not the 40,000 yen , there was to be inspirational than UX1SE/Limited of 1.5 million yen . At the same I was reproduced in this test is the same thing .
There is compatibility in audio , absolute evaluation is difficult . The vocals are sometimes depends on the likes and dislikes and the mood of the day in particular .

17 points

This song is how good or bad of such ? Whether the likes and dislikes ? The fit , it does not fit , but it is clear indeed .
Extra sound is lost when I change the SRM-253 SRM-007tA from the amplifier , it is the sound of normal realistic .
It is not unpleasant , but it never comes through and " are working hard and ( are nervous ) " even to feel .
I want to hear can relax in the "off- mic " a little more this today . It 's a good sound , but too see all it seems not good in this song .
Sound is distorted then there is a place where it failed to joint part of 3 min 5 sec , the volume is reduced for a moment . I did not notice at all when you're listening through speakers , but it is seen to be a headphone . I do not mind , but may no longer listen to music in peace and starts to become a concern.
If you do not is that a thin veil is applied is absolutely bad , compatibility with the software will tell it .

Listen software (4) · Lady Gaga Born This Way (CD): STREAMLINE RECORDS

It is a good recording software elements of ROCK POPS and the latest was packed . The sound of the synthesizer sounds something is not enough if there is a sound Kikazu , not come up with deception . " Bass good ride " body shake like headphones if it generates ? If this software Kikere comfortably if , the speaker will no longer need .

STAX SR-007a
STAX SR-009
AIRBOW SR-SC11
AIRBOW SR-SC21

STAX
SRM-007tA (\ 147,000)

10 points

As it feeling soft and all , but when combined with the SRM-007tA and SR-007a, and would hear veil as it took the highest range is rounded .
Bass is hazy in this song because of the voice of Gaga would sound like a mask over it in this software .
The problem has improved but it is SR-009, the change in tone that does not keep up with the increase of the resolution had been exposed .
However , ( sound is fine ) resolution is overwhelmingly higher than that of the dynamic headphone it body .
It is not possible to issue a sound that is not out , the sound being too out can be controlled . Sound that does not appear in the SR-007a appears in SR-009. Do you really believe it to be good .

10 points

Treble is extended and clean . Sound can be heard nearby. I would like stop bass is not inflated . It is a change as it was imagined in advance all .
Voice of Gaga is likely to hear the clear , but ( digital effects ) begins to become concerned about the strain of high-pitched tone of high frequency synthesizer is too stretched .
The feeling that it was plainly a little , the sound quality is not very emotional . The sound was better , but I feel that the essence of music is not much did.

16 points

Like forget that amplifier is SRM-007tA, sound and powerful uplifting .
Well , sound omission to separate comfortably and vocal accompaniment . The digital effects of the synthesizer , I felt as a music effect not strain .
Fun , even if it heard the only accompaniment . Goodness that cryo process "thick film" with the strength is drawn to the maximum in this software .
There is a punch to the bass . Body becomes more likely to move involuntarily , it's fun sound .

14 points

Sound finer than the SR-SC11 , but I also felt a little analysis .
The Otona~tsu little compared to SR-SC11 , which has been pushing steadily in power , the music changes to the image that appeals to reason .
Some parts of the SR-SC11 is greater than the SR-SC21 to balance basis .
The fun beautiful you are listening , but begin to move the body riding on music it's SR-SC11 definitely .

10 points

The thickness of the medium increases bass , extrusion has improved and massive bass . Voice of Gaga becomes thicker , but facial expressions come out rich .
Energy is increased punching power is increased , but the uncomfortable feeling that listening to music with headphones became stronger.

15 points

Sound is heard near the treble is clearly extend it 's the same , but the tone of voice of Gaga is totally different .
The voice of Gaga , which has been heard as the robot was singing expressionless , a vivid sense of life comes Minagi~tsu .
You do not mind at all strain of treble . Rhythm of pounding bass also bounce .
SRM-007tA seemed to be listening to music that is compressed poorly but , SRM-253 is completely different . Be completely different . Fun to hear .

18 points

Sound omission is improved further by changing the amplifier . The core of the sound is clear , power and strength come out to the sound.
It can be seen while saving power , Gaga 's is saving energy toward a climax in the introduction .
Even just to listen to the voice of Gaga , the difference between the SR-009 is clear .
If you hear a pop as well , ear speaker of SR-SC11 or more do not need .
In After listening to this sound , you can not return to STAX from AIRBOW.
Nantes hear the lock so hot in the condenser type headphone , who will be able to imagine ?

20 points

Atmosphere is completely different from the onset . The start of the sound is vivid , energy sense of bass is completely different .
The sound of the synthesizer is thick , based out before steadily .
As rammed into a kaleidoscope head , around the head is filled with bright colorful sound .
Sounds like looking at the planetarium of full color at all. Sound beautiful finely overwhelmingly than SR-009.
Not to be able to taste only with headphones , this is a great another world .
Speakers do not need anymore if it is this . At any time , in any volume , as you like , since he listen to your favorite music !

Overall results

SR-009 has been resolved beautifully " sweetness of the core of the high-pitched tone ," which was felt in the SR-007a, the " bulge of bass ." Prospect of the high frequency range is well within the cloud was felt in the SR-007 (a), high-pitched tone is growing further and clean . Bass is also tight , I hear to much lower sound . However , it was possible for poor change of tone in combination with SRM-007tA atmosphere can not keep up to improve the clarity and resolution , you feel a metallic sound cold sometimes . In exchange sound quality has been improved , SR-009 to select more strictly than SR-007a or software ( players ) sound source and drive amplifier , combined .

AIRBOW SRM-253/PAC-253 is a low price than STAX SRM-007tA in this regard , but I pull out the well good to excellent matching with the SR-009. Treble feel nervously with a combination of SRM-007tA and SR-009, the expression of the music when you are feeling poorly , I recommend the audition of AIRBOW SRM-253/PAC-253.

The resolution is not high enough to SR-009 , but AIRBOW SR-SC11 does not take the close at all in the performance excellent reproducibility of sound , let us enjoy the warm music . Also has the power to sound high clarity most of the ear speaker of four tested , SR-SC11 is matched very well and ROCK POPS, the JAZZ. I think that if you be entertained in the main and popular song , that's enough in this model .

AIRBOW SR-SC21 is using the same as the SR-SC11 a " sounding body ," but cable has been upgraded to the silver-coated products 6N same as SR-009. By using the cryo processing the whole cable and headphones , the resolution has reached a level that is comparable to the SR-009 increased significantly from the base model SR-507. Good balance and reproducibility of the tone that was worrisome slightly SR-009 also exceeded the SR-009. I think SR-SC21 is able to realize a clear improvement in sound quality with replacement by purchase if you are using a SR-SC1 already AIRBOW of SR-009 , but want or difficult to buy expensive .

It is probably not very well known , but a condenser type headphone , " vibration film" will be degraded . Weakly humidity in particular , a few years , you may sharpness of the treble fall strength of the diaphragm fell if hetero '10 at most if abused humid environment . You may order only SR-007a had been more than 5 years from the production and the test of this time , the sharpness of the treble Maybe I felt bad . I recommend that if desired the best sound , the ear speaker is replacement purchases on a regular basis . Further, in order to increase the life of the vibrating membrane , we recommend that it be stored in a sealed container with a drying agent when not in use the ear speaker .
To gem Museum website

Building 1
Head Office : (no regular holiday except / temporary closing ) product display , sales in general , trade in purchase 06-6644-9101 10:30 to 19:30

Building 2

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #20 of 28
thanks for the translation. it is funny cause these headphones might be the absolute bargain of all bargains and one of the best headphones in the world, yet they are almost totally unknow. I certainly will enjoy them a lot. I have been wanting electrostatic headphones for a long time as I have the hd 800 and the he 6.

I wanted an sr 009 setup but it is a very serious investment. to have headphones that rival or exceed sr 009 for a quarter of the price is very nice.

sometimes you have an old recipe that works very well and you tweak it a bit and you have godhead! such is the case with the wonderful fostex t50rp.

hopefully someone here will bring these headphones to the American market. why bother with a koss esp 950 when you can have airbow  sr sc11 that rival or exceed sr 007 for less than 800 bucks.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #21 of 28
Originally Posted by erikfreedom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wanted an sr 009 setup but it is a very serious investment. to have headphones that rival or exceed sr 009 for a quarter of the price is very nice.

Hehe, it's amazing what you can with with cryo treatment :wink:.

More seriously, it's a good idea to start from a less expensive model than SR009 as you might find it's not just about the phone but also the amp / source / music / tastes... I personally would not recommend an SR009 without audition and investing significant amount with the gear upstream. At least that's what I am finding out myself ...

Arnaud

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #23 of 28
Any updates on Airbow SR-SC21? Did anyone actually get to try them?

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #24 of 28
Anyone here own or tried Airbow SR-SC21? It is basically a modded Stax SR-507 by a shop at Osaka Japan. I found some review is Japanese, but google translation does not make senses sometimes. Can someone tell me how they sound and tonal signature? Thanks.

Here is the link too: http://www.ippinkan.com/stax_sr-009_sr-007.htm

Nearly impossible to find them, sadly. I have been monitoring Japanese sites for quite a while, never seen them pop up.

Mar 16, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #26 of 28
I think airbow slowly tapered off their stax builds. They still seem to sell some 252s mods but that's about it

Wonder why actually, given demand for them and consistently high prices for used whenever they do appear once in the blue moon.

Mar 16, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 28
Wonder why actually, given demand for them and consistently high prices for used whenever they do appear once in the blue moon.

I think stax provided them with parts below MSRP. The SC-1 is a pretty good indicator, considering that it evolved into the 404 Ltd. and had the most production by far. Guessing the relationship either soured or Edifier didn't want to continue the partnership once they got acquired

Jul 5, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #28 of 28
I got Airbow SC-1 and it is great.

Makes me want SC-21 even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back