AIAIAI TMA-1
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #1,006 of 1,345
Normally that would be something that boosted the treble, however it is something hard to get correctly on a classic (unless you´re using Rockbox). People around here normally recommends eQU or Equalizer, but both are for the iPhone or iPod touch, right now I´m using eQU and it really opens up my TMA-1´s.

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #1,007 of 1,345
I proved eQU on my ipod touch and it really opens my TMA-1, thanks for the help, I was looking for a good equalizer, as the options of equalizing from the ipod are just useless.

About TMA-1, they are a great cans, it's quite difficult to get used with them if you were using bright cans, but when your brain burns them in they are amazing!!!

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #1,009 of 1,345
i got my tma-1 for $140 shipped..i think this a very nice deal imo..anyway what kind of cable did you used for 3.5 mm neutrik plug?
Im planning to make a DIY cable for my tma-1.ANy advice help appreciate.thanks

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,011 of 1,345
Actually I would gladly sell you a straight cable factory sealed from aiaiai for 30 i bought it before i got the headphones and the headphones that they sent me came with a mic'd wire so i'm kind of out of $30 and just want to make my money back.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,013 of 1,345
I've been listening to the TMA-1 for a few days now, and I agree: if you listen to some acoustic music and start playing around with EQ, it becomes apparent that the treble-boosting slope described in the past few pages makes them sound more normal. Without it, they're nice phones but very specialized for DJing - with it, they're all-round nice phones.

So apologies if this was mentioned earlier in this thread, but how do we think they achieve this severe treble roll-off? It's passive, surely - but is it built in to the drivers, or is it some kind of mod? And if it's a mod, is it mechanical or electrical? For the sake of manufacturing consistency, I would assume electrical... a passive low-pass filter or something?

I haven't opened up the phones to find out, as they're not actually mine
beyersmile.png
but it would be nice to be able to disable it 
evil_smiley.gif
The physical design and build of the phones is too nice to limit them to DJ use!

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,015 of 1,345
Well I spotted a pair on sale for £99 in the airport and voiced my want to listen to them to a mate. The sales guy heard me and said if I bought them now I could have them for £80!!! Well, you can guess what I did!

Anyway, listening to the TMA-1's for the first time, I liked them but wasn't wowed by them by any means. I hadn't read the reports on EQ'ing until a few days ago and have been wowed by these since. I can understand why they are quite dark and somewhat dampened in the mid/high department, my understanding is due to the volume that DJ's listen to music when mixing. I think the highs (no so much the mids I think personally) would become fatiguing if not painful. That's my guess at it anyway.

Has anybody tried making a cable upgrade for their cans yet? I am looking to upgrade and want to either buy a cable or snip 1.5 meters off the Dragon cable I have on my RS1's?

Anyone any advice on that matter?

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #1,016 of 1,345
I just got them and they do sound phenomenal. However, I have quite a problem with the fitting - they just won’t stay comfortable for a long time :/

Before the TMA-1, I've had the Audio Technica SQ5 which doesn’t fit on but around the ears: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/522/img7337.jpg/
Do you think I just need to built tolerance? I never had headphones building pressure on my ears before.

I'd really like to keep them because they sound great :/

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,017 of 1,345

Quote:
I just got them and they do sound phenomenal. However, I have quite a problem with the fitting - they just won’t stay comfortable for a long time :/

Before the TMA-1, I've had the Audio Technica SQ5 which doesn’t fit on but around the ears: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/522/img7337.jpg/
Do you think I just need to built tolerance? I never had headphones building pressure on my ears before.

I'd really like to keep them because they sound great :/

Tough question really, it's up to you. They are fine on my nugget but I am use to Grado's so that doesn't stand for too much I afraid. If it sounds good, the pain will ebb away.

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #1,019 of 1,345
Because these cans are specially for Djing or listen to electronic music, that's why they are dark. If you listen other styles you should take the HD 25's, as they are better for them.

Otherwise, if you Eq a little you'd take all their power. I was surprised when i opened the trebles of TMA 1. I suggest you to try both before buying one of them, so you'll see which is better for you

Quote:
Can I just ask how these cans are so highly rated when people say there's a big chunk of the high end bass and mids missing? Will I really appreciate buying these over the HD 25's?

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #1,020 of 1,345
Hi people I'm new here. Basically I bought a pair of this awesome headphones 6 months ago and everything was perfect... until the headband snapped yesterday.

Any solutions to the problem? I've contacted AIAIA via email but they haven't replied me yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back