AIAIAI TMA-1 Studio – Young Guru Edition
Apr 10, 2013 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

cumonureds

New Head-Fier
AIAIAI recently announced their latest collaboration:

AIAIAI TMA-1 - Young Guru Edition.

The new york based sound engineer has manned the boards for many Roc-A-Fella Records albums, most notably Jay-Z He's worked with everyone from Kanye to Beyonce, as well. They took the time to find a driver that produced a sound curve that was up to Young Guru's exacting standards.

Through the addition of new features aimed at the contemporary DJ/producer, the TMA-1 Studio meets the requirements of the on-the-go musician and producer. Moreover, the nuanced, immersive sound experience is fully realized due to the development of new over-ear PU cushion that makes details stand out in full clarity. This is robust and thoroughly crafted audio technology for the frequently traveling, professional DJ/ producer who needs headphones that can perform while on the road, at the airport or in the air.

We should be seeing this BEAST in May at a retail price of 250 $.

Thoughts??

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #2 of 70
LOVE the look! Any word on when these will be released? Been looking for a new set of portables for a while!

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 70
Quote:
For some reason it looks really like Phillips Fidelio L1

Yeah, and I quite like the look of the Fidelios as well! Looking forward to seeing a couple of reviews for these. Hope they don't have as big bass roll-off as the original TMA-1's

May 16, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 70
Well, almost... there is now a signup for pre-order notifications online:
http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1_studio_youngguru

Release date to be in 'June 2013'...

Good looking (even better than the standard studios I'd say), but I doubt they reworked the sound signature... so I'll pass.

While the tech specs talk about a microphone I don't see one on the product photos...

May 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #8 of 70
Quote:
The official launch date is now said to be July, 17th.
Still looking good...

Wonder what the reason for the delay is?

May 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #9 of 70
I did not hear of any reason (but don't have any special sources with AIAIAI either), but my hope is still that they were actually tweaking the driver, not only put different pads on (which nevertheless might have a positive effect).

Jul 7, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 70
The driver has been changed from the original TMA-1 Studio to create the most flattest headphones to Young Guru's liking into what he envisions as the ultimate studio/mixing headphones. This sounds like a game changer for AiAiAi going by the following video, the collaboration is more than just an endorsement I'd say. It's very genuine.

Jul 8, 2013 at 4:04 AM Post #12 of 70
Thanks for posting that video. I follow DJ Worx but did not see that video yet.

Yes, it sounds like a new driver. And Young Guru definitely seems more involved than just signing his name across a re-coloured product -- very welcome, as he has an interesting vision for that product. Looking forward to receive mine...

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #13 of 70
After visiting their website i see they now have some more info on the project

http://www.aiaiai.dk/store/headphones/tma-1_studio_youngguru

seems like it is not going to be flatter than the normal TMA-1 Studio, but tweeked to meet with Gurus preferences - probably a signature suitable for Hip-Hop and RnB?

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #14 of 70
I still hope for a more flat response as Young Guru still talks about studio use and does not make specific references to a music style but instead mentions it as a portable reference that should help with mixing when the studio is not well suited to the use of monitors.

I would consider him a professional that would not mix using a bass-heavy headphone. He sure understands a studio environment, while I doubt the TMA-1 will be a pure-breed studio headphone considering the target demographic -- they would not sell that much when offering an AKG-like sound signature to the general public. So what I hope for is a more clear treble than the TMA-1 plus a tighter bass with deep extension. One can dream at least :wink:

Nevertheless I'll know a bit more on Thursday it seems: UPS says 'Planned delivery: July, 11th.' :)

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #15 of 70
Quote:
I still hope for a more flat response as Young Guru still talks about studio use and does not make specific references to a music style but instead mentions it as a portable reference that should help with mixing when the studio is not well suited to the use of monitors.

I would consider him a professional that would not mix using a bass-heavy headphone. He sure understands a studio environment, while I doubt the TMA-1 will be a pure-breed studio headphone considering the target demographic -- they would not sell that much when offering an AKG-like sound signature to the general public. So what I hope for is a more clear treble than the TMA-1 plus a tighter bass with deep extension. One can dream at least :wink:

Nevertheless I'll know a bit more on Thursday it seems: UPS says 'Planned delivery: July, 11th.' :)

Today is the day plakat:) we look forward to hearing what you think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back