AiAiAi Swirl Earphones
Jul 23, 2007 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

dozens

Head-Fier
Has anyone seen or heard these AiAiAi Swirl Earphones yet? They look incredibly cool, and more importantly - tough. I can't really find any reviews online from anyone that's actually HEARD them.

http://www.aiaiai.dk/
http://www.audiocubes.com/product/Ai...Earphones.html

f_aiaiai_swirl.jpg

f_aiaiai_swirl2.jpg

Jul 23, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 45
blink.gif
They 'look incredibly cool'?
Er, sorry...not. They look like a Playschool edition of Marshmellows....

And they're $75?!
Wow, could be the next FOTM!

ps......ze coil is ze gimmick!

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #6 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by holland /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the coil for?

To make it look like you're on the security staff, maybe. I really doubt these were made to be tough, or to sound good... and what's with the name?
blink.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #9 of 45
They look like Fisher Price IEM's. Anyhow, give them a shot, but I'd guess they'd sound pretty crappy.

Jul 23, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 45
I'm not a fan of coiled headphone cords, it makes the cable heavier per unit length.
Theres an age-old rule in audio hi-fi, that right-left symmetry is favorable whenever possible.

I'll pass

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:24 AM Post #11 of 45
Soooooooooo, nobody has heard them then, I guess? I know they look weird and chunky, but I like the looks of them. Plus they seem like I could throw them in my bag and not sweat the cord getting kinked or damaged.

I just wish I could HEAR them!

Jul 24, 2007 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 45
These couldn't hold a candle to them Accura's, says I, because they don't look like they could. Uh hum.

Anyway, the olive green/orange pair reminds me of my ATH-2's.
tongue.gif
Dunno how I feel about the random coil, though. Considering how thick that cord looks it could weigh down whichever driver it's attached to considerably. And that Y-splitter is at like a 120 degree angle, lol. What's that all about?

While were on the topic of aesthetics, I'm wondering why they jacked the price up so much seeing as its design looks to be aimed at a rather young demographic. Most youngsters just stick to their stock iBuds, so the high price would be a rather large turn-off I'd imagine. There has to be some reason as to why these buds cost so much, right?

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #13 of 45
Seems that you can get ones with and without the coil on one channel... weird

This is a brilliant line from the instruction manual for them though:
Quote:

Dot not; eat, cook, heat up, use on animals, give to infants
or expose to extreme pressure, any parts of the earphone.

Jul 24, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #14 of 45
Heh...read the one review on Audiocubes. It's obvious those earphones are "super cool!"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back