Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Nov 21, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #31 of 115
Hey guys, I'm interested in attending the january meet. I hope you guys don't mind if i don't have interesting equipment to contribute. Just a crappy discman, cheap phones and an amp (when the good doctor is done with it).

Is anyone else from corvallis planning to go?

Nov 21, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #32 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
Sounds great for those who have chimed in, but I haven't heard hide nor hair of the other seven I messaged days ago.

I need to double-check with work today but Sat, Jan 7 sounds good to me!

Nov 21, 2005 at 10:12 PM Post #33 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenwallet
Is anyone else from corvallis planning to go?

I'm not from Corvallis but can probably pick you up if Zemo can't.

Lets wait until christmas or so to work things out though
biggrin.gif

I will probably be stopping off in Salem as well so that I can grab Seeberg as normal, and I will be glad to taxi a couple of other folks home from the meet to their house in Portland aside from this (this means you Dev and Remmie...remmie...heloooo)

Nov 22, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #35 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
Do you want me to just bring your cables to the meet?

At this rate, yes, unless their presence is annoying you too much
biggrin.gif
I or you, depending, will bring it anyway to see if anyone that can use them falls in love.

Nov 22, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #36 of 115
Just got my K701s today. I don't even have them home with the right amp and source, and I'm already wondering if I'm going to have my SA5000 at the meet. We'll see how burn in goes, but these are pretty dang promising.

I'm also willing to forgive the fact that it doesn't have a super-pure cable like the Sonys for the fact that it isn't the least bit microphonic - better than anything I've used.

Nov 22, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #37 of 115
I just confirmed with work -- Saturday, Jan 7 will work for me. Count me in!

Nov 23, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #38 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Just got my K701s today. I don't even have them home with the right amp and source, and I'm already wondering if I'm going to have my SA5000 at the meet. We'll see how burn in goes, but these are pretty dang promising.

I'm also willing to forgive the fact that it doesn't have a super-pure cable like the Sonys for the fact that it isn't the least bit microphonic - better than anything I've used.

If you don't bring your SA5000's we may not have them there. The cable on mine has started shorting out on the right side. I have to see if I can get it repaired under warranty.

Nov 23, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #39 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
If you don't bring your SA5000's we may not have them there. The cable on mine has started shorting out on the right side. I have to see if I can get it repaired under warranty.

Wow, that stinks. We'll see what happens, there's a good chance I will still have them at that point regardless of preference. I really need to sell my SR-225s first, I've been procrastinating that far too long
smily_headphones1.gif
Probably the A700s too, I've just been using them because I'm too lazy to drag my 595s between computers (and they are nice for games). At least I should have my PPA shipped off by the end of the week. Sure wish I had friends who wanted this stuff...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #40 of 115
That date should work for me. My friend who came with me last time has to fly back to school the 6th so I don't think he'll be coming, but if I end up having that saturday off work (schedule not out that far ahead, I will request the day of course) I'll be there. Hopefully...just maybe...I will have a working Millet Hybrid by then, but that is assuming nothing goes wrong when I DIY it
evil_smiley.gif

Anyhow, Dev, I'd rather just give you money in person and not have to deal with PayPal fees, hopefully that is cool? I guarantee you won't be stuck with the complete bill this time. Looking forward to the meet!

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:47 AM Post #42 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
James, if they can't be fixed under warranty, you could always get a re-cable!
icon10.gif

Heck, I could bring my tools to the meet and we could do it there!

It should still be under warranty but I think it only covers the parts not the labor. I'll give them a call next week and see whats up. If I'm going to have to pay anything out of pocket I might as well get a recable.

Nov 23, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #43 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
Anyhow, Dev, I'd rather just give you money in person and not have to deal with PayPal fees, hopefully that is cool? I guarantee you won't be stuck with the complete bill this time. Looking forward to the meet!

Of course, no problem. I paid cash last time. For those who do wish to paypal, I should clarify, I only have a personal account so there are no transaction fees on my end and I can't except credit card payments. So if you have a standard transfer account there should be no fees and you don't need to worry about sending me any extra.
smily_headphones1.gif

If someone doesn't know my e-mail address and wants to send a paypal, feel free to pm me.

Nov 23, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #44 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
James, if they can't be fixed under warranty, you could always get a re-cable!
icon10.gif

Heck, I could bring my tools to the meet and we could do it there!

If it were me, I'd let Zemo do the recable anyway, that cable drives me nuts scraping on the table every time I move.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back