Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Nov 14, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #16 of 115
I am very interested in attending an Oregon meet. My schedule is pretty flexible, especially after the holidays (I work retail). Other than that, Weds evenings, Thursdays or Fridays are best for me.

(Giga, YGPM.)

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 115
Ooh yay! another meet? Excellent! I'll definetly try to be there, with my dwindling rig in tow!

I've got a rebel XT too, so at least we can get some nice shots of this next meet!

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:40 AM Post #18 of 115
remember to post days that you cannot be there if you can (un)commit to certain days
icon10.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #19 of 115
I can do any Weds evening, Thurs anytime, or Fri anytime in the stated date range of December 18th, a Sunday, to January 13th, a Saturday.

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #20 of 115
In light of the above comments, I should probably clarify, I am pretty much assuming a weekend meet based on past trends.

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #21 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
In light of the above comments, I should probably clarify, I am pretty much assuming a weekend meet based on past trends.

Was thinking of posting the same, but am making the original post as open as possible.
Or not (check first post again).

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #23 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zemo
Ooh yay! another meet? Excellent! I'll definetly try to be there, with my dwindling rig in tow!

I've got a rebel XT too, so at least we can get some nice shots of this next meet!

Nice! And once again the green shadow of DSLR envy strikes
blink.gif

At least the camera I have now doesn't suck like my old one- it should manage to pull off some really nice photos this time around, IMO
biggrin.gif

pict15342gi.jpg

And BTW, I'd take a pic of my Karma to compete, but tomorrow i'm sending it out for replacement to Rio...

580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #24 of 115
Date/Time/Location Proposal

I talked this over with Gigabomber and we thought it was a good option so here we go. This is just an option, tell me what you think.

Date: Saturday, 01/07/06
Time: Early, all day
Place: The Pacific Conference, per Oregon Headroom meet, for those who were there

The location is convenient and the facilities are large, with plenty of chairs and tables on site. We could probably set aside a room as a quiet room which would be a nice change of pace for serious listening. There are nice kitchen facilities, so you can bring frozen snacks, soda, or possibly even do a little cooking if you clean up after yourself. The only caveat, as before, is no alcohol is allowed on the grounds, but the idea is that if we start early, we can break down and head out for dinner, etc. in the evening, so everyone can socialize/embarrass themselves as they see fit.
smily_headphones1.gif

The cost for the day would be $75, a bit higher than last time due to heating, but still a good deal for the facilities for a day. I would ask that people contribute to the fee, last time I paid in full due to the fates throwing car/work troubles our way and leading to a small showing.

Based on the last couple meets, this seems like the most viable choice unless we can find another Oregon head-fier with facilities, which I am perfectly open to. Thoughts?

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #26 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Date/Time/Location ProposalThe cost for the day would be $75, a bit higher than last time due to heating, but still a good deal for the facilities for a day. I would ask that people contribute to the fee, last time I paid in full due to the fates throwing car/work troubles our way and leading to a small showing.

Hey, that's not a bad price if a bunch of us pool together $10-15 a head(via paypal or something?), which I'd totally be up for.

580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 18, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #29 of 115
Maybe some of them will get on next week when they are bored out of their minds because the rest of their family is passed out from eating too much turkey
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back