Ahoy! another Oregon meet?
Nov 12, 2005 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 115

Gigabomber

500+ Head-Fier
November 13th, 10:30pm: update dos
(done with the 11th hour Spanish homework now)

At this point, it's pretty much a question who can get a place to meet at on January seventh, a saturday, and if anyone can't make it on that day

(I wish we could do the meet before the Christmas week instead of after
...grumble grumble)

so far, the weekends available are only the freaking weekends of December the thirty-first and New Year's Day and January the seventh and eighth?

The 24th and 25th have already been nixed so these are all that is left, and I suspect that most of us wouldn't be able to make the first weekend, so we are left with the seventh and eighth unless Mr. Sleip changes his tune.

The eighth is a sunday so that is off for me as I am not keen on starting off my next quarter a bit tired the next day.

November 13th, 8:40pm: update uno (evil Spanish CD)

(This update is now, for the most part, redundant though I still hate the low audio quality on my Spanish CD)

Bookends established as of Nov 13th by iSleipnir:
December 18th, a Sunday, to January 13th, a Saturday.

Dates which fall within the above time span that the meet can't happen on:

Devwild's and James__Bean are out through the week of
December 24th, a Saturday, to 30th, a Friday.
(we mine as well steer clear of this span anyway)

Seeberg is out on December 16th, a Friday, and 20th, a Tuesday, and apparently is too proud to make an *** of himself for us off of eggnog.

Now we wait a little while to see what Budgie, Remmy and others have available.

November 12th, 4pm:
It has been quite a while since our last meet - not counting headroom of course - and one of us is bound to have the K701s by Christmas so that we may do some heavy A/B work with our growing can and amp diversity,

so who's interested in a Christmas break bash?

I know I have a big and far too long break between my quarters and next to nil between my next two, so this seems to be our best chance to get some heavy li(ft)sening done before summer as - hopefully - more of us will have some time off in there.

Besides, I can't wait to see Remmy and Seeberg attempt to karaoke while drunk off of some Safeway brand eggnog.

~Gigs

Nov 13, 2005 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 115
*****Meet Time/Location Information*****

Date: Saturday, 01/07/06
Time: 10AM till 6-7ish, with dinner elsewhere afterwards for whoever wants.
Place: The Pacific Conference - 18121 SE River Rd,
Milwaukie, OR 97267 - Map

Guidelines: There will be information on what building to go to available at the main office. Please do not drive through the grounds aimlessly as people live there as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

There's a kitchen so you can brink soda, juice, food etc. If you wish to prepare something, bring your needed utensils and please clean up after yourself.

No alcohol is allowed on the grounds, please do not bring any with you, or you will be asked to leave. We will probably go out for dinner, etc as a group afterwards, so save it for then.

Bring your gear and power strips/cleaners/whatever, and money for food. There will be plenty of tables and chairs available, unless you feel like bringing your own office chair or lazyboy
smily_headphones1.gif

We will try to set up a side room as a quiet room, please respect it as such, and smack me if I forget to keep my mouth shut.
wink.gif

Total cost for the location for the day is $75, contributions are appreciated.

PM me with any questions.

----Original Message----
I have a K701 on order, should have it shortly.
smily_headphones1.gif
Of course there's always the chance I will hate it and send it back or sell it.
rolleyes.gif

I'm up for another meet, in fact I've been pondering it lately. I will be occupied the weekend of the 10th/11th, but in town the rest of December and January as far as I know. If we can pick a date I can see if the conference grounds where we had the headroom meet have any openings, but I dunno that close to christmas. And that would rule out drunken karaoke, at least on-site.
frown.gif
wink.gif

Let's see, how many suckers can we round up this time, and give them plenty of reasons to spend their christmas money.
orphsmile.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 115
By then I'm not sure what else I'll have, but I could bring everything in my sig (SR-325's the only addition since the Headroom meet). This holiday I'm hoping to build a Millet-Hybrid so depending on when we have the meet that might be something I could bring. The dates that work for me are most anything between about Dec. 15th to Jan. 23rd or so (otherwise I'll be in LA
frown.gif
) Hopefully something like this works out!

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 115
I'm definitely down for a meet. I'll be in Idaho from the 24th to the 30th of December, but other than that I'm pretty much free. Just give me a date and a few weeks notice and I'm there. I have two new amps for those that want to try them out. I'm also heavily considering a AD2000 or maybe even a W5000 purchase. I'm waiting to hear impressions on the later.

Nov 13, 2005 at 7:58 AM Post #6 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
so who's interested in a Christmas break bash?

Besides, I can't wait to see Remmy and Seeberg attempt to karaoke while drunk off of some Safeway brand eggnog.
~Gigs

Am I up for another meet? You can bet your rig on it
smily_headphones1.gif
It doesn't look like I'll be doing much next month, except perhaps the days close to Christmas- a friend of mine (who I was with when I blacked out, this time I had to help him out since he drunk too much LOL) turns 22 on December 16th and a close friend of mine that helped me with my novel (she's been illustrated on HeadFi wearing SR325's, and is a major cutie
biggrin.gif
) turns 21 on the 20th. Besides that, I'm pretty sure the whole month is free for me, and I imagine those days probably will be too. And sorry Gigs, I hate eggnog- the thought of me drinking the stuff makes me wanna gag.
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Let's see, how many suckers can we round up this time, and give them plenty of reasons to spend their christmas money.
orphsmile.gif

Hehe, I bet I know where all my Christmas money is going, down the toilet
wink.gif

Oh, hey Dev, curious, what kind of camera did you have at the June meet? Since then that POS polaroid I had is out, and I got a Minolta Z1 which is definitely meet worthy this time.
580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #7 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Oh, hey Dev, curious, what kind of camera did you have at the June meet? Since then that POS polaroid I had is out, and I got a Minolta Z1 which is definitely meet worthy this time.

The camera I had at the time was a Fuji S602z, though since then I've stepped up to a Rebel XT as my main camera. The picture quality is outstanding by comparison:
nano_front.jpg

Though the Fuji is still nice, and for the moment I'm keeping it as a drag-around camera.

Oh yeah, and I sold my mini and switched to a nano, how many ipods can I go through in a year (no more!
blink.gif
). Of course, it doesn't look that shiny any more.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 13, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
*whine*
frown.gif

Poor B2b, you need to send some relatives to oregon so you have an excuse to visit on the holiday season, with all your gear in tow of course.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 115
A meet sounds like fun. I've added 325i since the june meet. Unfortunately, I may not be in town for this one since two weeks of FL sunshine and 70s is just too good to pass up, even for drunken headphone debauchery. My flights have not been booked yet, so I may be able to make it depending on what the date is. January is best for me.

Nov 14, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #11 of 115
I would love to come! I'm going to be back in Oregon between the 18th of December and the 13th of January. Any time between those dates would be great. I might even break down and order a K701 but I have my eyes on a HD650. I am dying to hear teh K701 though so I think this is a great idea.

Nov 14, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #12 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
The camera I had at the time was a Fuji S602z, though since then I've stepped up to a Rebel XT as my main camera. The picture quality is outstanding by comparison:

Though the Fuji is still nice, and for the moment I'm keeping it as a drag-around camera.

Oh yeah, and I sold my mini and switched to a nano, how many ipods can I go through in a year (no more! [img]images/smilies/http://hfimage.head-fi.org/smilies/newsmiles/blink.gif ). Of course, it doesn't look that shiny any more.
smily_headphones1.gif

XT? I am so jealous! I wish I could move up to a DSLR, but the nice thing is that the Z1 does push some really nice photos when running with manual control, which is my preference. The resolution may be limited by SLR standards(max @2048x1536), but I have not seen better 3.2MP images out of any other camera as of yet, photos taken have been very useable and enlarge quite nicely. It also does macro quite well.
But who cares? I've got a case of DSLR envy
very_evil_smiley.gif

If I had $600, I'd go for the previous gen. Digital Rebel 6.3mp in a heartbeat, and start making some bucks with my photos!

580smile.gif
Abe

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 115
I spit out fourteen PM's to anyone who has voiced any interest about coming in the past four threads in one of which it was asked that we update the main post with dates and times, so I will keep that up as necessary, though Dev has the real down low on the location.

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:41 AM Post #14 of 115
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
I spit out fourteen PM's to anyone who has voiced any interest about coming in the past four threads, in one of which it was asked that we update the main post with dates and times, so I will keep that up as necessary (look below).

/me looks below and sees...

"That's only going to happen when a paper dog successfully chases an asbestos cat through hell."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back