Ahahaha AT Sound Burger...???
Apr 23, 2002 at 4:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
What the, look at this, a portable record player.

bur3.jpg

Found it on ebay...go figure.

The Audio Technica sound burger. (This couldn't possibly be AT Headphones could it???)

Apr 23, 2002 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 13
Is it edible? Cause I'm hungry...
tongue.gif

Does that thing take batteries???

Biggie Smalls

Apr 24, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #6 of 13
yeah it's the same AT, I've seen them making iMac color trimmed portable speakers before... and for this kinda design, Sony had portable CD players (pre-Discman period) like this back in 1983...

Flamingo1983.JPG

Cool isn't it, wonder why they don't make stuff like this anymore...

Apr 24, 2002 at 7:50 AM Post #7 of 13
I actually owned a SoundBurger for a short while and believe it or not it actually sounded pretty good. Not up to the standards set by Linn, Logik, Pink Triangle and Michell but certainly a lot better than the Walkman's of the time.

BTW - It went really REALLY LOUD!!!!

Apr 25, 2002 at 7:22 PM Post #9 of 13
krayzie,

holy ****!! those units are aweeesome!!!

*drooooooooooll*

Apr 25, 2002 at 7:55 PM Post #10 of 13
I wonder if they thought it would be the next hoolahoop hehe...

BTW What powered the thing?

Biggie.

Apr 25, 2002 at 9:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Yeah aren't they cool... the Sound Burger seems big, but take a look at the Sony players, don't be fooled by the closeup pic cuz they're really small (just compare it to the adjacent pencil holder)...

I would love to carry one of these out on the street... cuz then nobody would dare to come near me or risk getting their hands or head chopped off.. hahahahaha

Apr 26, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #12 of 13
ITs strange you know... Sony makes us believe that their newest stuff is heigh tech and state of the art, but they're actually capable of much much more... Makes you belive they develop new stuff years ahead and only releases it when they belive the public is "ready" for it.

I hate big companies.

Apr 26, 2002 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 13
Well most companies do that I think which is pretty smart in terms of profitability... look at 3M for example, all their revenue are from products out in the market today which are mostly fully developed at least 5 years prior to their release... But I think Sony creates most of their successful products in a rush (the first Walkman went from prototype to final release in just a few months, and so was the FD Trinitron WEGAs if I remembered correctly.. read from the Sony Design book and one of the newer Sony biographies)...

Another Sony note (hehe forgive me I'm a Sony head), the CCD (charged coupled device) chip took 10 years to develop, and look at it now the thing is crucial in new digital video capture equipment.. they truly invented so much stuff, from compact cassettes to 3.5" floppys to CDs to MDs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back