AH-C300 base disappears with solid silicone and foam tips.
Aug 23, 2013 at 7:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ShooterMacG

Head-Fier
Hi Everybody
Just thought I'd say hello, and share a little fact I'e noticed about the Denon AH-C300.
I'm a complete newcomer, to headphones, its amazing that I thought the standard apple cans that came with the ipod were as good as it gets,, I've since bought a cowon and a little fiio amp, which is a good job because my Cowon doesn't like three-ring jacks.
I've since bought, Sennheisser 880ocx, 300 cx ii, koss porta pros, IE8s, and JVC ha-fxt90s and more recently the Denons , bloody additive stuff, I've almost pulled the trigger on Shure 535s ouch! Thankfully I resisted the urge, I'm not made of money.

I bought a pair of the Dennons recently for jogging, I seem to be very impulsive when it comes to buying things on AMazon ^ ^.
There's one song I use to get an idea of the base capabilities of my iems, Tok tok tok by Li Hyori (not very scientific, I know, but I'm far from an expert).  There's a base note in the song, that should, for want of a better term, linger a bit.

So, back to the Denons, I started off with the regular silicon tips and the base was just as I pictured it should be for that song (K-Pop nut, don't shoot me), absolutely immense, the base just kind of hung around on that base note, the way it should.

But on most other songs that base was always there, infecting the mids, almost like the hum of the enterprise, if that makes sense, I love heavy bass songs for jogging, so I would have been happy anyway, but I was shying away from them for the daily commute. 

So to make a long story boring, I noticed if I use the solid silicon tips or the foam tips, the base all but disappears making these phones sound absolutely awesome! (Very IE8) Which is great because the base was becoming too much t times, funnily enough making me revert to the IE8s. With the foam tips, to me, there's more detail in the Denons.
I haven't received my JVC ha-fxt90 yet, so the Denons are currently top of the pile.

I think Its nice that you can totally change the sound signature, by just changing the tips.
Anyway I'd love if someone else with these iems would give me a more articulate response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back