AH-300, is it good enough or are there any contenders?
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

autumnholy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for IEM for suit my songs. Now trying to find something for Rock (Bon Jovi, especially the drum and live feel), and some modern pop songs.

Currently owning SE535 red for audiophile recordings.
Heard that Sony EX-1000 are good one especially for vocals and classicals. Not sure if it can satisfy the carve for hard hitting drums and bass. I already have the EX-600. Is it good enough?

Eyeing on Denon AH-C300. Anyone have any in-depth impression on that dual dynamic beast? Heard that it's like a subwoofer permanently installed on your ears.

What I feared is that the Bass overpowers the mids and highs, making the signature murky, like IE80. Tho I love the spacing of IE80 too.

Thanks!

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 10
There is always some drawbacks if tunning the IEMs towards bass or mids or highs and other frequencies maynot detailed, crips clear as on other IEMs like bassheavy IEMs can't sound detailed as ER4P/S in mids and highs. But i compare Sennheiser IE80 and Denon C300 side by side with few DAPs and i preffer Denon C300 because it,s more alive, wider soundstage, tight, deep punchy dynamic bass and surprisingly mids and highs are very crisp clear and detailed. So rock genres music drums, guitars will sound more lively with amazing punchy bass.

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks. I hope I do get more impressions and comparisons! That's a great one if it can stand side by side with IE80.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Excited to compare it to the previous iems I've owned/own...um3x, ie8, ie80, and mg7. I'm on a quest for bass! Any other recommendations accepted!

The Denon C300 the most bassheavy IEMs i have heard and list include IE8, IE80, UE SF5EB ect. But bass impact spread out and it's easy on ears with great size of soundstage like on IE8 and mids, highs are very detailed. The other bassheavy IEMs like JVC FX700 has realy deep bass which reverb with good impact(highly recommended if you want bass) and wide soundstage with very detailed, mids and extended highs(great for rock, pop, jazz genres music). Klipsch Image X10 has surprisingly good bass impact compared to it's size, Sony XB90EX, JVC FXZ200, Westone 3, UE TF10Pro, GR07, GR07XB, Turbine and MTP Gold offers good punchy bass.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 10
Eugguy, how do you find the IEM?

I just recieved them tonight. 125 from amazon, shipped, good deal. The c300s are pretty nice I must say. I have been using a sennheiser ie80, genuine of course, and also about 10 hours burn-in time. I used a well broken in ie8 before that. The um3x I use more for indie, acoustic, vocal, strings. However, I am a huge househead. And real house music, no dubstep, electrojunk, top 40 house. Compared to the sennheiser ie8/80, I actually prefer the sound. As Zarim stated, it does have a bigger soundstage as well as a bit more bass. Some frequencies aren't as crisp or clear, but also aren't as sharp. This can be settled after some burn-in, both the ie80 and c300. It took me a few months to burn the ie8 in, and I also got used to the sound. I love thick, full sounding headphones iems. If you can find the c300 a bit cheaper, and also like the ie8/80 sound, you can't go wrong. The c300 is great for house/electronic music, if you like bass and a colored sound. The only issue is finding a good fit. Once you find a nice comfortable set of tips, it is comparable to having a good pair of closed type headphones on your ears.

Nov 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #10 of 10
I owned the 5EB for the past 4 years until it gave up on me. So I decided to get the C300 as its replacement. It has a powerful sub bass, clear but somewhat unrefined mids and the treble has presence albeit some glare on some tracks. I have over 100 hrs on my unit and maybe it needs further burn in. However, as most of the posters pointed out...the fit is frustrating. I tried everything and I after a long while, I managed to find a good fit...as long as I don't move my head too much.

The 5EB on the other hand has a mid bass hump and a very potent bass impact. I can never sleep wearing the 5EB  because a big bass note would hit with such an impact that would jolt me from my slumber. The mids is crisp but recessed. Treble is clear with a bit of sparkle. Soundstage is huge and it gives the impression that I am listening to a pair of headphones rather than an iem. Safe to say that the 5EB is one helluva fun iem but i am still holding out for the C300 to show its true potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back