Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Feb 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #61 of 225
Quote:
People that do DIY cables already are aware of those. They know which ones work and which ones don't. You'd be surprised whats out there advertised to work but are actually too small.

I'm sorry, what's your point? These pins do work. They're basically as tight as stock. And yes, I do know what the tolerances are for each of the different DIY pins out there.

Feb 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #62 of 225
Just making sure people are aware not all pins you can get on Lunashop are able to work. Not sure if they stopped selling the ones I am thinking of, but people should always check on other resources on head-fi to confirm if they are not sure.
Quote:

I'm sorry, what's your point? These pins do work. They're basically as tight as stock. And yes, I do know what the tolerances are for each of the different DIY pins out there.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #65 of 225
Quote:
I wouldn't get them from Lunashops, anyway; they're a terrible company to deal with and rip people off.

Really? Tom if you could refer me to a better place that could cut me a deal on a buttload of them, that'd be cool. We're using Lunashops right now for recessed IEM stuff

Feb 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #66 of 225
Quote:
  Really? Tom if you could refer me to a better place that could cut me a deal on a buttload of them, that'd be cool. We're using Lunashops right now for recessed IEM stuff

Yeah, I don't find them particularly nice to deal with, though it is tough to find people who will wholesale to the US. The cable builders here just deal directly with suppliers in China and on Taobao.

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #70 of 225
kenman345, you may want to check out these cables from a seller on eBay called sunricky. From what I hear, they make good quality cables. I just bought the "Dark Lord" one from a fellow Head-fier.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sunricky/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #71 of 225
I've seen a lot of different cables on eBay. They're way too many and they don't exactly have any reviews. Fact is their isnt much documentation at all on them and it would get really complicated and difficult to include them all so I just ignore them in this list. Instead I focus on more formal marketplace cables or at least ones with reviews on Head-Fi
Quote:
kenman345, you may want to check out these cables from a seller on eBay called sunricky. From what I hear, they make good quality cables. I just bought the "Dark Lord" one from a fellow Head-fier.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sunricky/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #73 of 225
Besides, I had included one retailer from eBay and they had no reviews and turned out their pins didnt fir any current IEM model, so I guess it left me with a bad taste.
Quote:
Yeah, I get what you mean. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #74 of 225
Thank the heavens for you and this thread. My iems took an unexpected trip through the wash and dry. AMAZING they still work though the cable is in disarray, and the last thing I wanted was to go crying to shure. Not quite why I jumped on the modular cabled iems but things happen : /

Users who are viewing this thread

Back