Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Jan 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #46 of 225
Sent you a PM to help get the right information listed.
Quote:
It was meant to be, same as the Black Widow, but i have the White Widow in 22AWG and also 26AWG for IEM cables.

Big change coming to the list soon. Contacting all Head-Fi sponsors with cables listed here about making sure the information is proper so I can make a section for them listed before all the other cables. Links to their Sponsors pages will also be included. I will also be reading over the forum rules to make sure it's all kosher (so to speak). I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be, but will double check anyways. 

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #47 of 225
Added the Silver Sonic MKV from Beat Audio, placed the Silver Sonic MKIII in the discontinued section.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #48 of 225
Adding pictures to each of the cables where possible. Trying to make it as most visually pleasing to scroll through as possible. I'm trying to have 2-3 pictures per cable. Some cables will remain with only 1 picture as I have not found more pictures. I'll be working through the weekend slowly adding the pictures I can find.

Feb 10, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #49 of 225
Another bump to the thread.

Changed the name a little and been adding up to 3 pictures per cable. I am still working on adding more pictures to many of the cables, but a lot has already been done.

Added a new cable from Double Helix Cables and will be adding a new 93Spec cable in the next hour or two. 

Feb 12, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #50 of 225
I just got a new Cable that my friend sent me..  Oxygen Free Copper and very well made and very durable. i love them.. they are so much better for my  Custom UE-11 Pro's  i have to say,  that a custom cable is better then stock.  

anyways im very happy   

if you want to see the picture larger. here ( http://i.imgur.com/EGBFXh0.jpg )   

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #51 of 225
Which company made that? Wanna do more of a formal review?
Quote:
I just got a new Cable that my friend sent me..  Oxygen Free Copper and very well made and very durable. i love them.. they are so much better for my  Custom UE-11 Pro's  i have to say,  that a custom cable is better then stock.  

anyways im very happy   

if you want to see the picture larger. here ( http://i.imgur.com/EGBFXh0.jpg )   

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #52 of 225
Quote:
Which company made that? Wanna do more of a formal review?

i dont know how to say this:   i live here in china,  so there are alot of little companies that make cables (hard to find one that is good that you can trust. )  i think you could classify these more as High End  DYI cables.  because there is no official branding.  . 

as far as difference between stock cables and these.  there is a huge difference.  
A)  major difference you will never see the copper discoloration because the cables have a thin coating over the shielding.  
B)  OFC (oxygen Free Copper , seems to do wonders its so nice,  much clearer sound as far as High/mid/base . 
C) Cable connections  the tips are def 100% Gold Plated so the connection quality is very nice and the 3.5mm jack if you open the jack or get to look at it before they put the black housing over the jack. you can see that they use  copper soddering to melt it to the jack's frame.  
D)  insulation of the cable on the outside is really nice.  there is a nice thin layer as the first primary layer of tube insolation, then over that is a thicker layer, its better for the cable durability in the long run.   at the middle of the split there is a nice small little divider then the cable goes into the thinner tubbing towards the actual IEM connection,  at the top towards the IEM connection they have the thicker tubbing to make the ear mold form and stay in position.  overall i am very happy with the custom cable, and the best part is they have about 8 colors to choose from and you can customize your cable for whatever color you want and jack's they have a few to choose from also.    

Pricing. varies.  since it was my friends company i got the cable for $30 USD. included shipping to me in china.   but  he sells them for around $60 USD before shipping.  

Feb 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #54 of 225
Yea, I've seen a few of these types of cables. All a little bit questionable. I am only willing to add any cable that has at least some of the information I nee to fill it out, and a way of ordering the cable. After those requirements are met, if it seems like a questionable source I try contacting them or finding someone with their product to confirm that it fits what they say it does. I don't wanna have anything listed that isn't gonna work for anyone. 
Quote:
i dont know how to say this:   i live here in china,  so there are alot of little companies that make cables (hard to find one that is good that you can trust. )  i think you could classify these more as High End  DYI cables.  because there is no official branding.  . 

as far as difference between stock cables and these.  there is a huge difference.  
A)  major difference you will never see the copper discoloration because the cables have a thin coating over the shielding.  
B)  OFC (oxygen Free Copper , seems to do wonders its so nice,  much clearer sound as far as High/mid/base . 
C) Cable connections  the tips are def 100% Gold Plated so the connection quality is very nice and the 3.5mm jack if you open the jack or get to look at it before they put the black housing over the jack. you can see that they use  copper soddering to melt it to the jack's frame.  
D)  insulation of the cable on the outside is really nice.  there is a nice thin layer as the first primary layer of tube insolation, then over that is a thicker layer, its better for the cable durability in the long run.   at the middle of the split there is a nice small little divider then the cable goes into the thinner tubbing towards the actual IEM connection,  at the top towards the IEM connection they have the thicker tubbing to make the ear mold form and stay in position.  overall i am very happy with the custom cable, and the best part is they have about 8 colors to choose from and you can customize your cable for whatever color you want and jack's they have a few to choose from also.    

Pricing. varies.  since it was my friends company i got the cable for $30 USD. included shipping to me in china.   but  he sells them for around $60 USD before shipping.  

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #55 of 225
Quote:
Yea, I've seen a few of these types of cables. All a little bit questionable. I am only willing to add any cable that has at least some of the information I nee to fill it out, and a way of ordering the cable. After those requirements are met, if it seems like a questionable source I try contacting them or finding someone with their product to confirm that it fits what they say it does. I don't wanna have anything listed that isn't gonna work for anyone. 

dude i totally understand and know what you mean.   personally i found the company on taobao then made good friends with the owner by talking to him on QQ.   its like a 3 or 4 man show its nothing big and special. but i just like how the cable is unique and not over hyped.  personally i have tried some big name brand cables with my IEM's and never noticed to much of a difference from the 30$ special i get from a buddy to the $300USD cables i see going on taobao for.    but to each there own thats all my friend :)  if you want or need to you can pm me 

Feb 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #56 of 225
PM me his info, maybe we may be able to list his products.
Quote:
dude i totally understand and know what you mean.   personally i found the company on taobao then made good friends with the owner by talking to him on QQ.   its like a 3 or 4 man show its nothing big and special. but i just like how the cable is unique and not over hyped.  personally i have tried some big name brand cables with my IEM's and never noticed to much of a difference from the 30$ special i get from a buddy to the $300USD cables i see going on taobao for.    but to each there own thats all my friend :)  if you want or need to you can pm me 

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #57 of 225
I just posted a review of one of piotrus-g's cables, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/650959/customarts-copper-two-8-braid-cable-pride-of-warsaw
I think people who like a relaxed, smooth sound, and very, very soft cables can look into it!

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM Post #58 of 225
Interesting, a UE only custom cable. I'll get to work adding it soon. Right now I just woke up. Thanks for letting me know.
Quote:
I just posted a review of one of piotrus-g's cables, here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/650959/customarts-copper-two-8-braid-cable-pride-of-warsaw
I think people who like a relaxed, smooth sound, and very, very soft cables can look into it!

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #59 of 225
Quote:
Interesting, a UE only custom cable. I'll get to work adding it soon. Right now I just woke up. Thanks for letting me know.

It's not UE... I don't have any UE CIEMs... the connectors look like the UE plugs, but there are variants for Westone/JH/CIEM, TF10, as well as the new UE... Tralucent's cables all use these connectors, as well as many of the HK-based cable builders (e.g. tygamehk09 on eBay, Rhapsodio, etc.) --- the plugs are sold on Lunashops for a ridiculous price:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2293
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2321

I think these DIY plugs are the way to go for aftermarket builders in the future; they're sturdy, have the in-built right angle for a low profile, come in clear and black, and don't have the silly "UE" label like the metal barrel shaped ones do...

Feb 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #60 of 225
People that do DIY cables already are aware of those. They know which ones work and which ones don't. You'd be surprised whats out there advertised to work but are actually too small.
Quote:
It's not UE... I don't have any UE CIEMs... the connectors look like the UE plugs, but there are variants for Westone/JH/CIEM, TF10, as well as the new UE... Tralucent's cables all use these connectors, as well as many of the HK-based cable builders (e.g. tygamehk09 on eBay, Rhapsodio, etc.) --- the plugs are sold on Lunashops for a ridiculous price:
http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=2321

I think these DIY plugs are the way to go for aftermarket builders in the future; they're sturdy, have the in-built right angle for a low profile, come in clear and black, and don't have the silly "UE" label like the metal barrel shaped ones do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back