Aftermarket IEM Cable List (Now more Visually Stimulating)
Sep 7, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #166 of 225
Are you going to make the cable yourself or is that a specific cable? The brand and type of the cable would help :wink:

Sorry for the confusion, it is this one: Westone W4R, UM3, ES3, ES5 Earphone Upgrade Cable / Headphone Replacement Cord (55 inches) by Geekria

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NV1U9SS

My stock westone 4R cable is now broken, so I'm looking for a replacement unit.

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #168 of 225
Sorry for the confusion, it is this one: Westone W4R, UM3, ES3, ES5 Earphone Upgrade Cable / Headphone Replacement Cord (55 inches) by Geekria

Source: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NV1U9SS

My stock westone 4R cable is now broken, so I'm looking for a replacement unit.

I have never heard of the brand, but if you're just looking for a replacement and not an upgrade I can't imagine you can go wrong with it.

If you're interested in an upgrade cable I have a beautiful 8-strand copper cable for sale but it's slightly more expensive :wink:

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #170 of 225
Okay guys, I think you should all really like my addition to the top of the first post.

Basically, I made the information available as a spreadsheet and let you guys maintain it as I do not have the time. I hope to find that people use it and this information in making cable buying decisions

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #175 of 225
Anyone have any recommendations for a cable replacement for the Noble 3? When I look at some aftermarket cables I usually don't see the Noble series listed so i don't know the compatibility...

Feb 20, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #178 of 225
Well I don't know how the Noble sounds, what kind of music you listen to etc. Do you prefer clarity or warmth, what kind of bass response. Cable matching depends on personal preferences, just like iems. Every cable has its own signature, and quality goes up with your budget. But overall, I'd recommend just checking the classifieds for a good cable at half price or so. The better silver cables generally start around $300 new, coppers maybe around $150 or so.

Feb 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #179 of 225
  Well I don't know how the Noble sounds, what kind of music you listen to etc. Do you prefer clarity or warmth, what kind of bass response. Cable matching depends on personal preferences, just like iems. Every cable has its own signature, and quality goes up with your budget. But overall, I'd recommend just checking the classifieds for a good cable at half price or so. The better silver cables generally start around $300 new, coppers maybe around $150 or so.

Thanks for the info. My nobles have a pretty "U" shaped signature and the highs are a bit harsh for me tbh... I would like to have the lows emphasized a bit more as well. I will check the market to see what I can find though.

Mar 16, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #180 of 225
So I had a pair of Westone 3's reshelled and upgraded to 6-drivers per ear by Unique Melody a couple of years ago now, but the cable has started to die so I'm looking into replacing and upgrading the current cable. I use my IEM's at work, at the gym, on planes etc so I'm looking for a robust and tangle free cable that will last ages and doesn't have too bulky a connection (ideally right angled plug), but I'd like to improve upon the stock cable. The socket on my IEM's is the standard UM socket, which I think is recessed? What would you guys recommend for something like this? I love the look of silver/clear cables (my IEM's are clear with a titanium faceplate) but had the original clear cable I got with the IEM's turn green within a few weeks, so exchanged it for a black cable. Not looking to spend crazy amounts, but happy to pay a premium for a discernible improvement in both build and sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back