After upgrading from xb500,what would be suitable upgrade from Q40?Also,any laptop speakers that sound at least like the xb500?
Dec 31, 2012 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KonKossKang

New Head-Fier
Long story short the xb500 bass didnt blow out,the end of the wire got loose and now the bass is pretty much stuck at where the q40's are at lol.Now,what headphone would be as direct an upgrade as the q40's were to the xb500?will i be able to find a headphone that at least retains the q40's sound signature while improving upon it?

Now about laptop speakers...altec lansing speaker is actually decent but the bass distorts like tifkcin ishifkkakin at 68 percent volume.What speakers that are at least as good as the xb500(speakers that are clear,some bass etc)?the price should be under 200?I have gotten alittle bit bored with the flabby bass so please dont mention a flabby speaker anymore unless it only does that for songs like that wobbly sub bass rythm,the dubstep thing.

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 3
Heya,

Budget on headphone?

As for speakers, don't look for a speaker to give you bass in your price range. A little 10" sub that is $100 will probably do a world better than a typical $200 pair of bookshelf speakers for bass. You would be looking at a 2.1 setup (two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer).

Very best,

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 3
dont plan on upgrading from q40 soon,but in like 5-9 years i might.the budget would be from 150 to 250.As for laptopspeakers i might have to just purchase 4 monster bass balls and connect them together :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back