After the Imod--what's next??
Jan 6, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike - Apple has already made a statement re any SQ modding future with the intro. of the Classic iPod. You cannot prognosticate with a high degree of intellectual certitude any more than a Global Warming "Terrorist". Like sunspots, or orbital variations - Apple could also change their approach and alter all that you might suppose they may do in the future. It is entirely possible that the iPod might disappear altogether and be supplanted by an entirely different sort of product.......or, reappear as an extension to a current product eg. take a look at the multi-talented Blackberry that Verizon is promoting.......think of how much it may be extended beyond it's current state.

Well said

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On this forum that is true. But in the real world, 99.9999% of ipod users, it's about style more that sonic quality. Most people just want to be able to listen to their favorite songs in the slickest looking gadget.

The iPod has evolved from a boutique item to something that is competitive with the rest of the DAP market. And the slickness has not gone away.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #18 of 21
It seems that the Tonium Pacemaker is as good as the iMod.
It's a portable DJ tool, but apparently has one of the best lineouts available. Its current price is about 382£ on Advanced MP3 Players, which translates in about 400€ or less than 600$ with current british pound's exchange rate. It might be a good time to buy one. A few months ago it would have cost over 900$.

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #19 of 21
And to follow this assumption, hurry up because a new version of the pacemaker will soon be released, but with only 60gb hard disk, in place of the 120 gb in the current version. But with such Dap, it begins to be very big rig, and always carrying a big bag only for music listening, that's a bit annoying.
My 2 cents.

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #20 of 21
with imod + big caps + amp.........isn't that also not portable?

how's the SQ on D50?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogata /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a PCM-D50 and believe me, it is not meant to be a listening device, especially a portable one like the iMod. It is big and heavy, although not as much as the PCM-D1, and it's control interface is made for recording not playback. Also, unless you are recording and/or mastering and/or encoding your own music, there isn't much 24/96 music available.

It is a great device, just not a great portable DAP.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #21 of 21
The sound quality is pretty good, although I haven't listened to much music with it. And I am sure that if it needs to be burned in, it isn't yet.

When I have some time, I will listen to it more. I only wish I had some music better than CD quality. I have a DAT, but no music for that either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back