Affordable Balanced Cable for Sennheiser HD650
Apr 10, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #46 of 52
Nice cable! I could try! I did my keyboard....where can i find the materials?

Just use something like mogami mini-starquad, some 275 paracord and some battlecord/550 paracord depending on if you want to tear down the whole cable to the conductors and braid those, or leave them in the jacket.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #47 of 52
Wow Nice! I would love to know if it's working this time.... send some news after your test. I will wait to buy it.

So obviously not a long term review, but the new connectors are MUCH better. They are clearly meant for the headphones and mark polarity on the pins on the connector itself.

The cable itself is improved in quality, it is way more flexible and not stiff like the original. The jacks feel way more solid and no issues. I can't comment on the long-term durability but they feel good. Sounds great/makes me hate listen to Imagine Dragons since a 5-year-old clearly mastered their songs.

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #49 of 52
So obviously not a long term review, but the new connectors are MUCH better. They are clearly meant for the headphones and mark polarity on the pins on the connector itself.

The cable itself is improved in quality, it is way more flexible and not stiff like the original. The jacks feel way more solid and no issues. I can't comment on the long-term durability but they feel good. Sounds great/makes me hate listen to Imagine Dragons since a 5-year-old clearly mastered their songs.
Thank you! I'll buy it right now! ;D

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #50 of 52
Dec 14, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #52 of 52
Hi, late to the party. I recently had to replace my HD 6xx cables, since they seemed to be dying on me. Every time I tilted my head, the sound would cut out in one ear.

I bought one of THESE off Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B013BYDWDI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It appears to be working well enough. Sound isn't cutting out.

But I'm a little concerned that using a cheaper cable might cause damage to the headphones themselves, considering the amount of power needed to make them work. Currently using a Sound BlasterX G6 to power them. I don't know if this worry is accurate or not, but I don't fully understand what I need to be looking for when searching for a replacement cable.

Is the above cable safe to use? And if not, is there a place where I can buy a good quality cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back