Lime Ears Aether R universal world premiere!
Feb 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

Piotr Michalak

500+ Head-Fier
Yes, this is also Aether R(evised) official premiere and we start taking orders now at http://limeears.com/product/aether-r-universal-iem/

Aether R will have no longer have 5 drivers, but 6 (six), sporting an upgraded, faster bass response with 2 drivers matched together for low frequencies.

This is achieved while retaining the naturally neutral sound signature that made Aether loved by both music lovers, musicians and professional sound engineers all around the world!

Guys! Add yourself into Lime Ears club on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/limeclub/
to get the coolest & top secret updates and tell us what you think:)
Piotr Michalak

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #3 of 66
I've never owned a Line Ears IEM and I probably won't join the giveaway as I'm more partial to customs, but I was wondering if it's possible to make a custom design of a slice of a lime, not just printed, but a 3D shape of a slice of lime with 6 segments laid within a transparent color faceplate.

Something reminiscent of the Richard Mille Bonbon collection. I was thinking it could look really elegant with the right color choices.

rmfruta1.jpg

I'm not planning to buy anytime soon though, just curious about design possibilities.

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 66
Fix your site's SSL certificate.

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 66

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 66
Are old Aether upgradeable to the R?

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #9 of 66

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #11 of 66
Very interesting.
I already want to try the aether with this Universal version perhaps I will

Feb 26, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #12 of 66
So any comparisons/news/discounts/upgrade pricing for the original Aether owners?

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #13 of 66

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #14 of 66
Guys, we have just accepted two important things :)

1) Aether Revised is now in production!
I've received my prototype on Tuesday and happily accepted our final design.
I could go on and on how much I love how they sound, especially the extended highs and magical vocals.
We are starting to produce our first units now!

2) People who have Aether Classic may now buy Aether R directly from us with a 15% discount.
Our 5-driver Aether is still a great earphone, and sounds quite different from the new Aether R. It has a leaner, more neutral signature. New Aether has a tad stronger, harder hitting bass and is a bit warmer while also brighter in the highs at the same time (but far from a V-shape, it's still neutral, I would say: musical-neutral).
Also with the bass on, Aether Classic is very, very warm. And Aether R is (just) warm with even stronger, powerful bass.
There are many changes in the revision. It honestly makes sense to keep & own both as they are really different.
We will also ask our dealers to include a discount for you guys, however that is their individual decision.
To order with an owner-discount, email us at info@limeears.com
How about soundstage and imaging improvements? And is the 15% on top of the 15% discount for pre-orders?

Feb 28, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #15 of 66

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back