Aesthetic Grado Mod(s)
Feb 27, 2006 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

bl4cksh33p

100+ Head-Fier
Lately, i've been looking at my MS-2i's and wondering whether I could replace the black plastic earcup bracket with a colored, metallic one. I don't have any metal-working tools, but does anyone know a place that sells a piece that could do this?

Here's what I'm thinking (this has been photoshopped):
modded4ps.jpg

Also, feel free to post any of your own aesthetic mods. Thanks

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 33
Whoa, the color difference between the two is so slight I almost missed it. I don't know of anyone who makes anything like that. You could try to woodie it as an alternative or you could use a paint. I now there is a brand floating around that bonds really well and really easily with plastic which my give you similar effect. Maybe a silver base coat and then a blue gloss or something to that effect.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #5 of 33
Yup... it can be done, by just about any average machine shop. 1/4" thick T5 or T6 aluminum stock, 4-40 thread tap and some RC car shock shafts.

Its a taboo to post certain kinds of pics on this forum, so I'll PM you some of mine tonight. I used delrin and mahogany for my HF1.

Garrett

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Yup... it can be done, by just about any average machine shop. 1/4" thick T5 or T6 aluminum stock, 4-40 thread tap and some RC car shock shafts.

Its a taboo to post certain kinds of pics on this forum, so I'll PM you some of mine tonight. I used delrin and mahogany for my HF1.

Garrett

WHOA! You have pics of nude women machining Grado brackets?!? WHOA!

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #8 of 33
Erm, I can't imagine what headphone pic wouldn't be appropriate but... I'd like to see them.

So does anyone know if PS-1 parts are available? That was one of the things I noticed right away when I demo'd them was just how much nicer/robust they feel over the other Grados due to the all (?) metal construction.

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
blink.gif

Nude girls... LOL... Yeah you guys figured me out... I dont mod anything I have a bunch of bikini models in my garage doing all my machine work for me
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

on a serious note... Part "cloning" is seen as a no-no on this forum. I found this out thte hard way and got a couple threads locked down. So, I don't want to lock down someone elses thread with my reply. (but will gladly use the PM feature)

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Garrett

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150

Garrett

Now c'mon Garrett, you can't bait us like that and not show us the pictures. I mean, we all endured the Mike Jones mod, how bad could yours be?
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #12 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinchy
WHOA! You have pics of nude women machining Grado brackets?!? WHOA!

Yeah, he used a pair of these to bracket his cups!
4604_Mud_flap_girl_small.jpg

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Yeah, he used a pair of these to bracket his cups!
4604_Mud_flap_girl_small.jpg

LOL, That just gave me a funny idea. How 'bout cutting off mannequin breasts and fixing them as housings on say a CD3000. Could be a titillating set of cans!

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:11 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
LOL, That just gave me a funny idea. How 'bout cutting off mannequin breasts and fixing them as housings on say a CD3000. Could be a titillating set of cans!

I... I just... I just don't know what to say here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back