Aerial7 headphones?
Jul 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #46 of 64
This thread...

I am disappoint...

Mkay, so not to start an argument or anything, but have you guys heard anything other than Skullcandy and these? These are being sold in clothing stores (I tried most of them at the Urban Outfitters.) of all places and to be frank...aren't that great for the price. I mean to each his own, but they look so...gaudy. You guys don't have the uber colorful ones do you...? Better than overpaying for the Beats I guess though.

Jul 15, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #48 of 64
Anyone else notice that quite a few people posting in this thread about their "unbeatable" experience with the Aerial7 headphones are very new members with this either as their first and only post, or just have a few other posts *all* of which read like paid advertisements for Aerial7 headphones? It just seems a little fishy.

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #50 of 64
they have a sensitivity of XX +/- 3 db. that means that in their claimed range or freq response the volume can be like 8x at one freq compared to another. i hope that makes sense. for blingy headphones like these, my guess would be that these have anything but a relatively even freq response.

Sep 26, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #51 of 64
oh no, I'm not insane enough to buy a pair at @AU$350 w free shipping. I was just lamenting other manufacturers who can make a good sounding full size can, but the quality of materials is epically s---. (otoh, i haven't seen these up close, maybe they're leather/aluminium, but epically s--- build...or the suspect looking plastic bits between the headband and the drivers)...and they'll still be blingy headphones...)

(e.g. denon pleather pads and snapping pivot joints, sony and pleather headband/pads/suspect color/plastic enclosure on cd3000, stax and pleather pads and cheap plasticy lambda series enclosures/headband)

also, I thought +3db is 2x. So +-3db is 4x not 8x. 

Also, I thought +-3db is epic monitor quality. fr resp deviation wise (am I mixing up sensitivity with FR graph deviation?)

since, say d7000,  http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php for 20hz-20khz, is at least +-5db. 

and beyer dt770 and 880 look to be +-10db http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=713&graphID%5B1%5D=193&graphID%5B2%5D=2131&graphID%5B3%5D=&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones

finally: http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=123&graphID%5B1%5D=863&graphID%5B2%5D=2501&graphID%5B3%5D=1463&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Compare+Headphones 

Sep 26, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #52 of 64
oh i thought 2 db was double. iono. 

i would totally believe the dt770/80s are +-10. that s--- is bloated haha

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #53 of 64

Quote:
but what I wanna know is are these aerial7's any different from all the other flashy companies? It says under "about" that the people at aerial7 put sound first, style second. but you can't trust the company itself, because skullcandy feeds people the same crap.

Does it feel like a different company when they have the M-50's (or just plain copies of them, along with other rebranded headphones) in "flashy" colors? :p
Edit: Oops! This was 4 pages ago ^^

Sep 26, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #54 of 64
I would not ever think this is a advertisement. Anyways there is much better than these for the money. Ariel7= Medicore sound quality 2/5, defientley not anything I would ever buy

Quote:
lilkoollaidman...

replying to your aerial7 doubt about tank headphones. I must say first that I've been using these headphones for quite a lot time, from one model to another... and they have all performed quite good.

now, about tank models... certainly you'll get something stylish good quality sound and stunning bass response. I use them with my blackberry and ipod. in both cases the quality and clear sound is very good (even listening hard-bass songs and set the equalizer on hard bass) and of course they feel quite strong and durable compare to SC

the question is... why do you want them for? I strongly recomend a pair of tank for home listening  or to get a little style on the road.

mike, Venezuela

Oct 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #57 of 64
Hey Guys, this is my first post but I've read many of these threads in the past while searching for phones. I'll keep this as short as possible:

(Coles notes at the very end)

While I'm a true fan of legitimate hifi, I've never had enough money to even consider investing in legitimate sound. My priorities for headphones were as follows:

Compatible with an iPhone
Great Sound
Cheap price

Obviously you need to make sacrifices when cheap price is on your list, so I started with the Skull Candy FMJ earbuds.

While I had few complaints with the actual phones themselves, they are very poorly engineered, so the miniplug jack gets bent in your pocket (where I keep my iPhone), eventually ending in a broken wire connection.

Skull Candy's warranty and support was amazing, they sent me a new pair no questions asked. Unfortunately all new pairs have the same problem, so these broke as well. Rather than continuing to get new phones, which would inevitably break after a couple months, I chose to move on and picked up a pair of Aerial7 Tanks.

Now, the sound quality was ok. Nothing great, but I didn't have any real complaints. I feel they are lacking a lot of middle, but again it wasn't enough for me to compain. The provided cable options and great look (and comfort) made for a truly happy customer.

That was for the first week. 

After 1 week of having these phones the left channel stopped working. I don't believe this is an issue with Aerial7, as my friend has the very same phones with no issues. 

The problem came in with attempting to talk to customer support.

I sent them one email asking about how I can go about warranty. 

After no reply for 4 days I realized I sent it to info@aerial7 and not customerservice@, so I sent a new email to customer service. Again, polite and asking for advice and procedures.

After no reply for 1 week from the second email I sent a third stating that if I did not hear back from them in 1 week, I would begin writing negative reviews on every site, blog and forum I could find. It's been 10 days now, and I feel I can't wait.

I have gotten no reply, not even an automated response, and a pair of non-working headphones I got to use for 8 days total.

While I love the look, and was recommending the phones to everyone, I would NOT recommend anyone buy them at this point, due to the fact the company is impossible to deal with. It's unfortunate really, as I really wanted to like them.

Coles notes:

My tanks broke after 7 week of purchase, and Aerial7 has refused to reply to any of the three contact emails I've sent them about warranty. They clearly don't stand behind their products or care about their customers. I would no longer recommend this brand to anyone, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back