Aerial7 headphones?
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #32 of 64
Thanks guys.

So, what headphones that have this "tank"-style would you guys recommend? I really mostly use them for outside (iPod) and my Laptop and the music would be more alternative rock/hardcore. I like the Aerial 7 not just because of the style but also because they look pretty durable (which I definitely need).

I wish I could give these aerial 7 a sound check. Because I kind of care about style but don't want to pay more than $30 on top for style, so if they have a decent $50 headphone quality (I really like my Sennheisers for around 50) then I would take 'em. But if it's more like $20 garbage I wouldn't really want to get them.

Does anyone know the UrbanOutfitters return policy on headphones?
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #34 of 64
Those Tanks are definitely not M50s, don't even look the same.

You can see that the M-50 are slightly Oval. Also do some of you seriously think one of the biggest names for recording and performance would allow one of their well known "mixing" headphones to be degraded by that gaudy junk? It would be like Sennheiser allowing their HD280 to be rebranded and painted ugly by Aerial7.

41NLPPkoSdL._SS500_.jpg

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #36 of 64
another reply in the 'stylish-cheap-goodsound = es7' camp
wink.gif

may want to bend the headband a bit(easy to do and improves the fit/look)

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #37 of 64
If the chopper is just a modified htx7 with no driver changes, the sq is enjoyable. These headphones are in no way balanced but are quite enjoyable with hip hop since they are a bit too powerful on the lower mids.
The es7 needs to be modded a bit to be more comfortable, but you'll find a nice guide somewhere on the forums.

Jun 13, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #38 of 64
that modding really is only a bit of bending, nothing mindbreaking.

Jun 13, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like a pile of BS to me to tell you the truth.

Just go get some KSC 75s. Chances are you will get better SQ out of those even if you don't mod them and for 15$ish USD, you don't really have an excuse not to get them.
biggrin.gif

It has already been noted that these are rebranded headphones that generally get recommended here for lower price ranges, so it's not necessarily him jumping into the unknown and the review he linked would make sense considering those people are used to listening to Skullcandys, so of course they're going to think they sound great!

OP: If you're a person who must have a unique, stylish and flamboyantly coloured pair of headphones, then I say go for it as people speak highly of the original versions of these headphones for the price range.

Of course, it's always recommended that you try before you buy.
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #40 of 64
Thanks for the numerous replies.

In what kind of stores would I get these Audio Technica if not ordered online (traveling overseas, no time for shipping) and even might be able to test them? Let's say in a city like Chicago.
smily_headphones1.gif

I am from Germany and don't know any store names that would hold decent sound equipment like $100 headphones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Or where would you guys order these headphones (they need to be sent by Friday or next Monday)?
ph34r.gif

Jun 18, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #42 of 64
lilkoollaidman...

replying to your aerial7 doubt about tank headphones. I must say first that I've been using these headphones for quite a lot time, from one model to another... and they have all performed quite good.

now, about tank models... certainly you'll get something stylish good quality sound and stunning bass response. I use them with my blackberry and ipod. in both cases the quality and clear sound is very good (even listening hard-bass songs and set the equalizer on hard bass) and of course they feel quite strong and durable compare to SC

the question is... why do you want them for? I strongly recomend a pair of tank for home listening  or to get a little style on the road.

mike, Venezuela

Jun 23, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #44 of 64
I was wondering about Aerial7 too.  My buddy has some and they sound sooooo good, but i wanted to get another opinion.  I also found a promo code "FREESHIP" which gets free shipping on orders over $25, so I figure if people like them, i'll get them.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #45 of 64
I have had the AERIAL7 Tanks for a while now and I am still stoked on them! They have yet to dissapoint...they have quality bass without seeming too bassy...Also, the mic for skype and my phones is awesome...people can finally hear me clearly. I was nervous about durability but I have tossed my Tanks around and they are still kickin! A sick find for the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back