Aerial7 headphones?
Apr 16, 2009 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

lilkoolaidman

500+ Head-Fier
So, first I must say, that I am not a true audiophile as I do not purchase $1,000 + setups and what not, but I do appreciate good sound and I know any input here will be more valuable than Yahoo! answers.

Now, I really like the looks of Skullcandy headphones, but they're overpriced, sound quality is mediocre at best, and they break within two days. But I recently found These Aerial7.com - The Artistry of Sound they are very stylish, and the specs look good (although you can't go by specs alone). Anywhoodles, Has anyone heard these headphones(specifically the "Tank")? Are they good? and if not, what are some stylish headphones under $100(yes, I am a cheap person) that I would most likely be happy with?

One more thing, I am a sucker for bass, and would like some headphones with wonderful bass response, but without sacrificing overall sound quality.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 64
The tanks are M50s, I think. The Choppers are HTX7s and I think the Matadors are K414s.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #4 of 64
Never heard of them. Any interest in "taking one for the team"?
biggrin.gif

There are a number of very good headphones available for $100 or less. I usually recommend the Grado SR-60; everyone (just about) loves them. However, what kind of music do you like? Tell us about genres, bands, anything you listen to. Second, what equipment are you going to use with your headphones? Do you have an iPod, laptop, receiver, or something else? Third, do you want open or closed headphones? Finally, do you want a pair that sits on your ears or goes over your ears? If you're not sure what you like, go ahead and ask questions.

You might want to put sound ahead of style. Don't worry about what your friends will think. If anyone says something, let them listen. That usually kills any jokes about loks and they'll want to know where you bought them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 64
yeah, I love grados but since they're an open design they're not great for public use. and I do put sound before style(that's why I've never bought skullcandy) I just wish there were more headphones with as much sound as style. But uh I usually just use a headphone-->iPod touch (1st gen) so part of what I like about these arial7's is that they are supposedly designed to be played right from a player so I don't need an amp. And as far as music, I have and listen to everything from Metallica to Sheryl Crow(lol rly), but if I picked my favorite it would be metal, rap, and techno (very contrasting I know).

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The tanks are M50s, I think. The Choppers are HTX7s and I think the Matadors are K414s.

I considered buying the Audio Technica ATH-PRO700 SV's but after reading about them being cheaply made I decided no, the M50s look about the same is there a difference?. And as far as the HTX7s I have personally heard them and thought they were good, but the bass response wasn't to my liking and neither was the old school look. Last, but not least, the K414s aren't big enough (I like bigger headphones and usually a bigger driver diameter means better bass, not always, most times) I am very picky as I don't get money too often and hate online returns.

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 64
Hmmm if the Aerial7's are indeed just repainted versions of decent headphones, I'd go for it.

Can't comment on the M50 as I haven't heard them but I do see them being recommended fairly frequently, alongside the Sony V6.

Apr 16, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #8 of 64
I dunno I like the same phones for techno and metal. I dont understand listening to rap without subsonics, never put it through my headphones. None of these cheapos will have good bass, it will either be lacking or fake and bloated. tank is definitely not the m50. my experience with stylish phones like wesc skull candy dr dre jack up price for the style and give inferior audio products. In the DJ world stylish phones that wont get one laughed at include the AKG 701 and the high end ultrasones as they are shiny...grado sr225i...

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #10 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewmeister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno I like the same phones for techno and metal. I dont understand listening to rap without subsonics, never put it through my headphones. None of these cheapos will have good bass, it will either be lacking or fake and bloated. tank is definitely not the m50. my experience with stylish phones like wesc skull candy dr dre jack up price for the style and give inferior audio products. In the DJ world stylish phones that wont get one laughed at include the AKG 701 and the high end ultrasones as they are shiny...grado sr225i...

but what I wanna know is are these aerial7's any different from all the other flashy companies? It says under "about" that the people at aerial7 put sound first, style second. but you can't trust the company itself, because skullcandy feeds people the same crap.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 64
oooh These Denon DN-HP1000s look awesome! Buut, two things they look like a rip off of some ATH-PRO700s and no gold plated plug
frown.gif
However what's important is sound, so has anyone heard THESE?

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #12 of 64
The aerial7 might be fine but my view is, any headphone geared towards style is gonna charge you some for the style aspect. In terms of SQ I would have my sight set on these sounding as good as the best 10-20 cheaper phones, though the chopper is the same price as the panasonic it looks exactly like....

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #13 of 64
Closed portables for less than $100?

Relaxed and smooth : D1001
Detailed, spacious, and punchy : ES7

Newcommer: Fostex T50 new production. Haven't heard them myself, but the reviews by very well respected member have me wanting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back