AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #5,447 of 5,483
And that's why I said ''And also don't glue the pads into place since those gets worn out and needs to be replaced over time.''
But the pads are glued from the factory, no? I mean they can be mounted only using their strong adhesive (glue)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #5,449 of 5,483
Pads should never be glued into place... they should be easy and quick to remove and to put on.
Ah ok, you are questioning the construction. I agree, pads should be removable like they are on Beyer, Focal or ZMF.
Hopefully DCA will review this dec in the future

Dec 9, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #5,451 of 5,483
Right. The difference in sound is due to the perforated pads, though. I'm pretty sure if you took the original Aeon 2s and swapped the pads, it would be the same as the Noires in terms of sound.
Bit late to the party sorry, but exactly this. I tried the perf pads with my Aeon 2 closed. The tuning became the same as the Noire (personally I don't like the Noire tuning, it's brighter).

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #5,452 of 5,483
Whelp! The thread on one of the clamps that holds the leather to the nitinol headband got stripped and won't hold the clamp in place. How screwed am I (pun intended)? Any way to fix it? I'd like to avoid glueing the thing together... Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220124_111506.jpg
    20220124_111506.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 0
Jan 24, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #5,454 of 5,483
Whelp! The thread on one of the clamps that holds the leather to the nitinol headband got stripped and won't hold the clamp in place. How screwed am I (pun intended)? Any way to fix it? I'd like to avoid glueing the thing together... Thanks.
Same thing happened on mine, and they rather quickly sent me a little bag of several replacements.

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #5,456 of 5,483
Yes, DCA customer support is absolutely stellar.

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #5,457 of 5,483
I'm a big Dan Clark fan as I love my Aeons....I think the form factor makes it fit and feel so well for our human ears as opposed to the typical round shape!

Jan 26, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #5,458 of 5,483
I'm a big Dan Clark fan as I love my Aeons....I think the form factor makes it fit and feel so well for our human ears as opposed to the typical round shape!
My late AFO was absolutely the most comfortable heaphone I've ever had on my head.

Jan 27, 2022 at 6:30 AM Post #5,459 of 5,483
Can anyone confirm if the only changes between the Aeon flow closed and closed RT are the pads? I noticed that most of the (obvious) differences are that the pads on the RT have perforations while the stock do not. Since my OG flow closed's pads are pretty worn I was thinking of getting the RT pads, would this work?

Jan 27, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #5,460 of 5,483
Can anyone confirm if the only changes between the Aeon flow closed and closed RT are the pads? I noticed that most of the (obvious) differences are that the pads on the RT have perforations while the stock do not. Since my OG flow closed's pads are pretty worn I was thinking of getting the RT pads, would this work?
I think they reduced the driver damping a small amount on the RT/X models vs the originals in addition to the partially fenestrated pads. If you have the OG though I think changing to the RT pads will go a long ways towards getting you the RT sound. From there just add a little eq to taste and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back