AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 30, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #3,616 of 5,483
This past weekend I visited Yodobashi Camera in Akihabra and trialed the Sen HD660. Tyll from Innerfidelity states the closest comparison to the Aeons are the 600 series from Senheiser. I have been a fan of Senheiser for many years, but I will say the HD660s are not close to the Aeons closed or open. They do not have the depth these headphones have. Yes, I know they are completely different headphones, but I wanted to make a point I would not compare these to those headphones Mr. Tyll from Innerfidelity.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,618 of 5,483
Some people with eyeglasses here? How is the isolation with them?

Better than my LCD, Sennheiser 600s and Oppo HPs. The foam seems to wraps around the eyeglasses better. I still end up putting the eyeglasses above the HP cups instead of on my ears. Not a great look.

Dec 1, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #3,619 of 5,483
I have both AFO and AFC. Both are awesome. Mr Speakers should be proud on what they build in this headphones. I think 2017 is their best year. Giving us 2 great headphones above their price range. My Favorite is AFC, with my IFi micro idsd BL i think this is one of the best closed headphone I've ever heard.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #3,621 of 5,483
I have the AFC that I use with my micro iDsd black label as well as an EL8C with a Modi multibit with Asgard 2. I prefer the AFC but it is not a night and day difference to me. If you can get good resale out of the Audeze then sure, but they are not that far apart. If I had to pick one it would be the Mrspeakers, but the Audeze is still a very nice can.

Dec 1, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #3,622 of 5,483
I have both AFO and AFC. Both are awesome. Mr Speakers should be proud on what they build in this headphones. I think 2017 is their best year. Giving us 2 great headphones above their price range. My Favorite is AFC, with my IFi micro idsd BL i think this is one of the best closed headphone I've ever heard.
AFC with iFi micro iDSD BL is definitely my favorite combo for closed headphones and favorite setup for music as well.

All,

So I have the EL-8 closed back powered by a Audeze Deckard. Looking to move to this headphone can and a Mimby plus Jot. Would you say this is an upgrade or a lateral move?

I have not heard the Deckard, Mimby, or Jot. I have heard the EL-8 and own the AFC. IMO, the AFC is a big upgrade over the EL-8. As far as your DACs and amps go, I have no idea.

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #3,623 of 5,483

Try the AFC on the Hugo 2. It is a pretty nice transportable option too.

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,626 of 5,483
After comparing it against also the Z1R, these are the best closed headphones on the market today.

The AFC doesn’t do much wrong. Don’t let the price fool you thinking it must be worse than more expensive headphones.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #3,627 of 5,483
So would the AFC pair well with the Audeze Deckard?

Has anyone compared the IFI Idsd BL to the Audeze Deckard. I would think the Deckard is a better Amp Dac combo.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,629 of 5,483
Hello!

I'd like to pair an Aeon with an Acoustic Research M2 (AR-M2). The AR-M2 is a DAP that integrates a powerful headphone amp, one that I hope would suffice for driving the Aeon effectively. Still, I won't know until I've tried them. Can anyone here comment on the performance between the two devices?

Many thanks,
Brian

Go buy your headphone, i tried the aeon with the ar-m2 , and it sound very good ( better to the p9 signature more comfortable and sound isolation is good ) this dap is so powerfull ! :)

Dec 2, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #3,630 of 5,483
AFC with iFi micro iDSD BL is definitely my favorite combo for closed headphones and favorite setup for music as well.

I have not heard the Deckard, Mimby, or Jot. I have heard the EL-8 and own the AFC. IMO, the AFC is a big upgrade over the EL-8. As far as your DACs and amps go, I have no idea.

Are you saying the Ifi Micro IDSD BL is better then the deckard? Also looks like the AFC is better then the EL-8's for sure? Maybe keep the deckard, And is the line out on the Idsd preamped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back