AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Nov 18, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #3,571 of 5,483
Would the STX II power these? My friend has the same cans and wanna get those.
Damn asus never gives output in powers.

Can i calculate using V=IR and P=IV?
I get the Volts, then I get the ohms they give lol
I get the current from calculation, then multiply by volts again

Nov 18, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #3,572 of 5,483
Would the STX II power these? My friend has the same cans and wanna get those.
Damn asus never gives output in powers.

Can i calculate using V=IR and P=IV?
I get the Volts, then I get the ohms they give lol
I get the current from calculation, then multiply by volts again
Yes the STX should be able to power the Aeons, they do not require much power. Just a good amp.
The STX has some good op-amps and should be able to do the job especially with its different gain setttings (i think it has the software gain selection options atleast on windows).

Nov 19, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #3,574 of 5,483
Nov 19, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #3,575 of 5,483
not sure I mean it wouldn't make sense to clip when I'm only using like 10% of the volume pot. Additionally I brought my Oppo pm-2 and it had the same exact problem. But my K1 does not have this problem with either headphone despite having almost no actual output wattage.

that's why I said it's very weird because the fulla 2 should have more than enough power

Ya, it's weird. But what I heard is definitely clip, not compressed nor tinny. It clips at any given volume. I don't know the reason, as spec-wise, Fulla 2 is sufficient. But something just isn't right. I hope we can get technical explanation of why it is though.

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #3,579 of 5,483
I have read some reviews that these Aeon Closed have a peak in the treble. If so, how problematic is it?

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #3,583 of 5,483
I was on the purchase page for the Aeon(closed) when I noticed on Mr.Speakers site they include the option to choose between 3.5mm+1/4 or a 4-pin xlr. I've only seen it listed with the "Dummer" 3.5mm+1/4 and thought previously in this thread mentions of not having a 4-pin option. Is this option something new(ish)?

I have a gumby+mjolnir2 so for me makes more sense to keep everything on the balanced path regardless, but am interested if anyone else purchased it with the 4-pin.

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #3,584 of 5,483
D
I was on the purchase page for the Aeon(closed) when I noticed on Mr.Speakers site they include the option to choose between 3.5mm+1/4 or a 4-pin xlr. I've only seen it listed with the "Dummer" 3.5mm+1/4 and thought previously in this thread mentions of not having a 4-pin option. Is this option something new(ish)?

I have a gumby+mjolnir2 so for me makes more sense to keep everything on the balanced path regardless, but am interested if anyone else purchased it with the 4-pin.
Dan announced the availability of the balanced cable a day or to ago.

Nov 20, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #3,585 of 5,483
it was only not available due to waiting for the cables to come in is what I understood the issue to be. I bought the 4 pin in addition to the 1/4" cable as I wanted both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back