AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 19, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #1,396 of 5,483
I'd rather not see this thread turn into the "AEON Shipping Update Thread." But that's just me. :)

What is everyone going to feed/drive them with? I'll be using the Mojo SE, and a Lake People RS06/Cavalli Liquid Carbon balanced.

I'm curious if anyone else has similar gear.

Good things happen to those who wait patiently (I keep telling myself :wink: ). Gonna start thru my Oppo HA-1 direct thru balanced stock cable from my Alpha dog, then change to stock dummer with HA-1 thru Violectric HPA 90, then to my Jot thru balanced output from Teac 301, then I'll jockey some things around and spice it up with custom cables a bit and subsequently then thru the pick of the litter for pleasure. Thank God for legtricity <grin>

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #1,397 of 5,483
Why do you trying to find vendor? Search for freight-forwarding service to your country. I am waiting my AEON in Moscow and there is no problem. There is no second category nations here, friend

I am going to drive them with Mojo and maybe Schiit Lyr if it will be not enough
It´s simple. if i live in europe i prefere a seller in europe. from USA i will pay two times V.A.T.i bought many times from USA and is very annoying between VAT and custom taxes. read some post forward the mr.speakers response about availability

May 19, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #1,400 of 5,483
I will be driving mine with the iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, which seems to be a pretty popular combination given the recent sale on the DAC/amp. Also, I'll listen through my Violectric HPA v90 at home.

May 19, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #1,401 of 5,483
IMG_0942.jpg

Cables and tubes at the ready.:o2smile:

May 19, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,402 of 5,483
What is everyone going to feed/drive them with? I'll be using the Mojo SE, and a Lake People RS06/Cavalli Liquid Carbon balanced.

I will be using my Bifrost Multibit with the Cavalli Liquid Carbon and the Woo Audio WA6. It will be fun to see which amp pairs best with the Aeon. And of course I will have to get the upcoming MrSpeakers balanced cable so I can try the balanced drive from the Liquid Carbon.

May 19, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,403 of 5,483
I'd rather not see this thread turn into the "AEON Shipping Update Thread." But that's just me. :)

I'll be using the Liquid Carbon too. When/if my Echobox DAP arrives, I'll see if that can replace it. If not, I might look into a Woo WA-8.

Last edited:
May 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #1,406 of 5,483
Don't know......every order I place with Norne ends up taking 5 times longer than stated. Nice cables, but not a very good experience ultimately. He needs to get his act together.

Yep. The customer service and general sluggishness and lack of communication made me order from ForzaAudioWorks. Took just 2 weeks for them to ship it and I got no complaints. The prices of their lower range cables are also very sane considering the build quality and flexibility.

May 19, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #1,407 of 5,483
I'll be using a Mojo, Mojo connected to a Schiit Lyr1 and balanced with my Norne Vanquish cable connected to a Geek Pulse Infinity.

May 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,409 of 5,483
I'll be using my one and only amp, the Schiit Jotunheim w/Balanced Dac...future upgrades...Balanced Cable...Schiit Valhalla 2...and one of the Schiit Multibit DACs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back