AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
May 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,381 of 5,483
Fortunately there were several hundred boxes made beyond our order that we are air-freighting and if nothing else goes wrong we’ll have them in Wed and should ship Thursday, I expect to get at least 1/3 of the orders this week, roughly through order 11000.

What part of this are you guys having trouble understanding? Over 11000, you are probably not getting a shipping notice this week.

Last edited:
May 18, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #1,382 of 5,483
I was one of the earliest orders placed at 5min before the 5pm start time the day of the sale started. I had order number 10912 which on his website is giving an increasing number for everyone of his products that he sells. Mine shipped yesterday . So 10979 I would guess is shipping very soon. Waiting for Christmas morning to arrive seems to take forever.

May 19, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #1,384 of 5,483
Does anyone know how well the DX90 or other mid-fi DAPs perform with the Aeon? Currently, it's the only DAP that I have, but would like to eventually upgrade to the DX200, so impressions of the Aeon with it would be highly appreciated.

May 19, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #1,385 of 5,483
Any idea when order #11487 would ship? I never received an e-mail about it, just the order confirmation e-mail.

People are just guessing at when their orders will ship because Dan said that he'd hopefully get up to order # 11000 this week. He also said that it would likely take about 7-10 business day to ship all of the pre-orders. Nobody has shared any additional information. My order number is in the 113xxs and I also haven't heard anything, which is to be expected since he's probably till working on the 109xx's and 110xxs.

May 19, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,386 of 5,483
This is a copy of the e-mail received May 15th:

"Dear ÆON Customers,

Over the weekend our box manufacturer left our ÆON boxes on a loading dock during a rainstorm, ruining the entire shipment.

Fortunately there were several hundred boxes made beyond our order that we are air-freighting and if nothing else goes wrong we’ll have them in Wed and should ship Thursday, I expect to get at least 1/3 of the orders this week, roughly through order 11000. We have several headphones with date-specific delivery needs, and will attend to those to do our absolute best to meet those dates exactly.

We expect to complete shipment of pre-order special priced ÆON headphones within a 7-10 business days of shipment start date. Regular price shipments will follow the pre-order deliveries.

We apologize for this delay; it’s incredibly frustrating to us and I’m sure this frustrates you as well. We thank you for your understanding and hope that when you do receive your headphones you’ll feel it was worth the wait!

If you have any issues with shipping please contact alex@mrspeakers.com.

Regards, and thanks for your understanding.

Dan

May 19, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #1,387 of 5,483
People are just guessing at when their orders will ship because Dan said that he'd hopefully get up to order # 11000 this week. He also said that it would likely take about 7-10 business day to ship all of the pre-orders. Nobody has shared any additional information. My order number is in the 113xxs and I also haven't heard anything, which is to be expected since he's probably till working on the 109xx's and 110xxs.

I emailed Alex this week and Dan replied (my order number is 11336), "A March 1 order should ship late next week."

Hope this helps.

May 19, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #1,389 of 5,483
I'd rather not see this thread turn into the "AEON Shipping Update Thread." But that's just me. :)

What is everyone going to feed/drive them with? I'll be using the Mojo SE, and a Lake People RS06/Cavalli Liquid Carbon balanced.

I'm curious if anyone else has similar gear.

Good point.

I'm running a Modi 2 and Lyr 2 (stock tubes). Dripping with jealousy over the Liquid Carbon.

May 19, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #1,390 of 5,483
Might as well be patient, the time will go by much faster. And for me patience was a mind set, that took many years to cultivate.

May 19, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #1,391 of 5,483
I plan to use my Tascam CD player > Yggdrasil > Liquid Gold. I will also see how Gungnir > Mjolnir 2 or Liquid Crimson drives the Aeon. I will use my QP1R to drive the Aeon, when I am out and about.

May 19, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #1,393 of 5,483
I'd rather not see this thread turn into the "AEON Shipping Update Thread." But that's just me. :)

What is everyone going to feed/drive them with? I'll be using the Mojo SE, and a Lake People RS06/Cavalli Liquid Carbon balanced.

I'm curious if anyone else has similar gear.

Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon here as well. I also intend to use my Linnenberg MAESTRO, hopefully there will be some synergy. Have been thinking of what balanced cable to get, but will probably decide after spending some time with the stock single-ended cable first.

May 19, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #1,394 of 5,483
i´m still waiting a feedback about a vendor in my country or near my country. seems to me that there are first and second category nations:triportsad:

May 19, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,395 of 5,483
i´m still waiting a feedback about a vendor in my country or near my country. seems to me that there are first and second category nations:triportsad:

Why do you trying to find vendor? Search for freight-forwarding service to your country. I am waiting my AEON in Moscow and there is no problem. There is no second category nations here, friend

I am going to drive them with Mojo and maybe Schiit Lyr if it will be not enough

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back