AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone
Oct 21, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #3,286 of 5,483
Hi Droidskin could you give some feedback about your experience with the Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC cable I was thinking about buying one for myself but I not quite sure what configuration to choose on their site so that if fits the Aeon or if it is worth the 270€ price that my configuration (2.5 mm balanced) would cost.

If anyone else has any experience with Forza Audioworks please feel free to share!

More Aeon cable loveliness....

Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC

Oct 21, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #3,287 of 5,483
Hi Droidskin could you give some feedback about your experience with the Forza Audioworks Noir Hybrid HPC cable I was thinking about buying one for myself but I not quite sure what configuration to choose on their site so that if fits the Aeon or if it is worth the 270€ price that my configuration (2.5 mm balanced) would cost.

If anyone else has any experience with Forza Audioworks please feel free to share!
Hi @joaojp1
I don’t want to make any sound quality claims, this is not why I buy after market cables, but the build quality is first class and I’ve been very, very happy with how great these look in the flesh. Photos don’t really do them justice to be honest. I wanted a 1m cable as I primarily use my headphones out and about, and I can’t see my headphones when I’m listening to my music but I CAN see my cable, and every time I look down I have a little smile because it’s a great looking cable.

I also own a Claire HPC Mk2 for my OPPO PM3’s which cost half the price of the Noir Hybrid and I’m also really pleased with that so if the price is giving you second thoughts you can consider some of the cables down the range, but honestly I don’t think you’ll regret paying the Eur 270, mine was 255 and if anything ever happened to it I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3,288 of 5,483
Thanks for the quick reply and feedback, in their website (forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=72h) in the headphone drop down you are suppose to choose the Mr. Speaker Alpha Dog option for it to be compatible with the Aeon right?

Hi @joaojp1
I don’t want to make any sound quality claims, this is not why I buy after market cables, but the build quality is first class and I’ve been very, very happy with how great these look in the flesh. Photos don’t really do them justice to be honest. I wanted a 1m cable as I primarily use my headphones out and about, and I can’t see my headphones when I’m listening to my music but I CAN see my cable, and every time I look down I have a little smile because it’s a great looking cable.

I also own a Claire HPC Mk2 for my OPPO PM3’s which cost half the price of the Noir Hybrid and I’m also really pleased with that so if the price is giving you second thoughts you can consider some of the cables down the range, but honestly I don’t think you’ll regret paying the Eur 270, mine was 255 and if anything ever happened to it I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,291 of 5,483
Anyone compared the aeon to lcd4? I was listening to lcd4 on the 430had with 6,3mm jack and æon straight out of ipad, there is Not a huge difference. Just a bit more smoothness, impact and slam on the lcd4, æon sounding little thinner. Im shocked over the small differences between the æon and lcd4.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,292 of 5,483
Most people don't compare open and closed headphones, especially not when there's a >$3000 difference between them. :thinking:

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #3,293 of 5,483
I know. They shouldnt be possible to compete. But, if someone can, try them A-B testing

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,294 of 5,483
What are everyone's thoughts on using the Aeons as portable headphones? It seems like they tick most of the boxes (great isolation, lightweight, great case), but any other thoughts in this regard?

And more specifically about powering these, would an LG V20 suffice, or at least push these to an acceptable volume, even if it doesn't power them incredibly? Or what about the HA-2SE (I imagine it's much stronger than the V20)? I'm sure a Mojo would be enough, but it's not what I would prefer to do (more bulky, more expensive).

And about the other end of the spectrum in terms of powering them, I imagine an Emotiva A-100 would make a nice pair with these, yes? They do have a somewhat lower sensitivity, but the extremely low impedance makes me wonder. And if anyone specifically has experience with the A-100 and Aeons, would you want to use the jumpers on the A-100 with these?

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #3,295 of 5,483
What are everyone's thoughts on using the Aeons as portable headphones? It seems like they tick most of the boxes (great isolation, lightweight, great case), but any other thoughts in this regard?

And more specifically about powering these, would an LG V20 suffice, or at least push these to an acceptable volume, even if it doesn't power them incredibly? Or what about the HA-2SE (I imagine it's much stronger than the V20)? I'm sure a Mojo would be enough, but it's not what I would prefer to do (more bulky, more expensive).

And about the other end of the spectrum in terms of powering them, I imagine an Emotiva A-100 would make a nice pair with these, yes? They do have a somewhat lower sensitivity, but the extremely low impedance makes me wonder. And if anyone specifically has experience with the A-100 and Aeons, would you want to use the jumpers on the A-100 with these?

I should have mine in soon. I will let you know about the power requirements.
I have an HTC 10 and haven't had an issue powering any of my headphones so far.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #3,296 of 5,483
V20 i think would do ok. IPhone 7 is not enough. Ipad is good

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #3,299 of 5,483

While most phones will make them loud, without a proper amp you'll get very little bass response (they sound quite lean and thin). My pre-release V30 is okay (esp after some EQ), but even a small, inexpensive amp like the FiiO Q1 Mk2 is better at driving them properly.

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #3,300 of 5,483
While most phones will make them loud, without a proper amp you'll get very little bass response (they sound quite lean and thin). My pre-release V30 is okay (esp after some EQ), but even a small, inexpensive amp like the FiiO Q1 Mk2 is better at driving them properly.

Ah, figured. It's why I've been considering a HA-2SE to pair with the V20 most of the time. Would be nice to not need it at all, but as long as the V20/30 serves as a "good enough" solution in a pinch, I think it's probably going to be a great way to go. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back