Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Apr 4, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #631 of 830
I have Aeon 2 Closed back and I’m looking for portable Dac/amp or other portable setups for this. Any recommendation?
The balanced Qudelix 5k works well with Aeon 2, if you want something extra small and portable. I have been using this combination with a short 1.7 feet (0.5m) cable. This device even has EQ and crossfeed.

img_20200808_102928-2-jpg.427025

Apr 5, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #639 of 830
I have 5k but where are you order cable?
I bought this cable from my Finnish friend who makes cables. Maybe some other cable maker could have made a similar short cable when asked.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #640 of 830
The portability of these headphones are the real differentiator in my opinion - if you place a premium on that feature then these seem like a great choice.

That is why I got the AFC 2 actually. Soundwise, I thought it was quite poor relative to other closed headphones. But the portability, passive isolation, comfort and especially price made the difference in the end.

I must say that the perforated pads made the sound of the AFC 2 more acceptable to me. So it might have removed my itch to buy the Focal Stellia. But I will have to do a comparison soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 5, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #641 of 830

Fwiw I've got kne of these on the way to use with the Quedelix 5K, I'll let you know how it is when it arrives:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210405-112243_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210405-112243_AliExpress.jpg
    398.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #642 of 830
Try Hart Audio. Their custom orders sell out quickly but if you can get one they will customize your cable to any size. Posted mine a few pages back. I had mine cut to a little longer than 4ft but I am sure you could make it shorter. They will give you pricing once you put in an order with your specs but you can pretty much compute it yourself based on the info on their website.

They are a small operation so expect longer lead times.

Apr 5, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #643 of 830
Fwiw I've got kne of these on the way to use with the Quedelix 5K, I'll let you know how it is when it arrives:
Interested in your impressions. I remember trying them with my 5K when I finally got my 2.5mm balanced cable and thought it was passable (volume was fine) but it felt a bit narrow and compressed, which may be due to bluetooth vs. wired more than anything. I will have to try again. I have been using the Noire mostly in a compact desktop setup with my Grace Design m900 which I think works well but am actually tempted to try the Mojo (I have been putting it in and taking it out of my shopping cart for the last few years but may need to pull the trigger).

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #644 of 830
Interested in your impressions. I remember trying them with my 5K when I finally got my 2.5mm balanced cable and thought it was passable (volume was fine) but it felt a bit narrow and compressed, which may be due to bluetooth vs. wired more than anything. I will have to try again. I have been using the Noire mostly in a compact desktop setup with my Grace Design m900 which I think works well but am actually tempted to try the Mojo (I have been putting it in and taking it out of my shopping cart for the last few years but may need to pull the trigger).

I've tried them with the 5K already with a longer cable and balanced they sound quite OK for me. Certainly good enough to use portable or as background music in the office. For critical listening I'd choose something else.

I'll let you know how that cable works out when it eventually arrives.

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #645 of 830
I've tried them with the 5K already with a longer cable and balanced they sound quite OK for me. Certainly good enough to use portable or as background music in the office. For critical listening I'd choose something else.

I'll let you know how that cable works out when it eventually arrives.
Got it. Felt the same way. Interesting find on the cable too. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back