Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #616 of 830
How is the aluminum yoke joined to the 2 nitinol wire? İs it glued on or joined with screw? Anyone got detailed picture of this?
Tiny hex screws it seems.

a2c.jpg

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #617 of 830
Now go ahead an order the perforated pads. You can thank me later. :darthsmile:

I might but I'd like to get familiar with them first. From my understanding the perforated pads has less bass impact, is that correct?

Btw, I bought my pair used and it came with Dekoni lambskin pads, super comfy.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #618 of 830
I might but I'd like to get familiar with them first. From my understanding the perforated pads has less bass impact, is that correct?

Btw, I bought my pair used and it came with Dekoni lambskin pads, super comfy.
Are these the Aeon or Areon 2? The perforated pads on the A2C don’t lessen the bass impact, but reduce the mid-bass and actually increase the perceived lower bass detail, as I hear it. And they are also very comfy, maybe a bit less stiff and structured than the stock pads.

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #619 of 830
My first impressions on the Aeon 2 is pretty good. Let me just start with saying that I generally not that crazy about closed headphones. I prefer open ones and have historically put my money towards them and for portable I tend to prefer IEM's. The most expensive (and best) closed cans that I own are the Meze 99 classic which I fid. To be ok but nothing spectacular.

The reason I was looking for a new pair of closed cans is that I'd like to have something good to use in the office and when staying at hotels (once the world gets normal again). The fact that the Aeon's are so brilliantly designed makes them way smaller to bring along (the Aeon case is about 50% smaller compared to the Meze case).

My most used open headphones are the HD800S and the HE560 but I tend to be able to enjoy several different sound signatures so when I found a great deal for a used pair of the Aeon's I took the chance.

The Aeon 2 closed are extremely comfortable for me which is a major deal for my intended usage. They do also seem to be very well made.

As for the sound three things stood out to me when first listening to them: 1. The bass 2. They does indeed sound more like a open pair of headphones than any other closed cans I've heard and 3. They sounded surprisingly familiar for some reason.

So after 24 hours with them I'd say that they've got amazing bass, just what I'd like from a pair of closed planars and a nice contrast to most of my other headphones. The midrange has great quality and feels very transparent. The treble is very well behaved without feeling rolled off. Soundstage feels very believable and coherent without being exceptional in any direction. Overall I think they're very relaxed, fun and enjoyable to listen to.

Despite needing some power they work OK with the Quedelix 5K Bluetooth amp/dac and really well with the Hiby R5 dap. On the Burson Conductor V2+ they sound exceptional.

As for the familiarity in the sound that I mentioned initially I find them to have a lot in common with the Brainwaivz Alara. Of course there's the typical difference between open and closed headphones but if Brainwaivz ever did a closed version of the Alara I'd imagine that they'd sound very similar to the Aeon's.

Now I'm going to try them with some more desktop solutions:

20210327_152050.jpg

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #620 of 830
Are these the Aeon or Areon 2? The perforated pads on the A2C don’t lessen the bass impact, but reduce the mid-bass and actually increase the perceived lower bass detail, as I hear it. And they are also very comfy, maybe a bit less stiff and structured than the stock pads.

Thanks for the impression of the perforated pads! It's the Aeon 2 but like I said they've got the Dekoni pads on and they're super comfortable.

I'm not sure that I'd like less midbass but knowing myself I'll probably try out other pads sooner or later :wink:

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #621 of 830
Thanks for the impression of the perforated pads! It's the Aeon 2 but like I said they've got the Dekoni pads on and they're super comfortable.

I'm not sure that I'd like less midbass but knowing myself I'll probably try out other pads sooner or later :wink:
Cool. I like Dekoni for some other cans I have. I can’t speak to the Aeon 1 sound or what the perforated pads might do there. Enjoy!

Apr 3, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #625 of 830
My first impressions on the Aeon 2 is pretty good. Let me just start with saying that I generally not that crazy about closed headphones. I prefer open ones and have historically put my money towards them and for portable I tend to prefer IEM's. The most expensive (and best) closed cans that I own are the Meze 99 classic which I fid. To be ok but nothing spectacular.

The reason I was looking for a new pair of closed cans is that I'd like to have something good to use in the office and when staying at hotels (once the world gets normal again). The fact that the Aeon's are so brilliantly designed makes them way smaller to bring along (the Aeon case is about 50% smaller compared to the Meze case).

My most used open headphones are the HD800S and the HE560 but I tend to be able to enjoy several different sound signatures so when I found a great deal for a used pair of the Aeon's I took the chance.

The Aeon 2 closed are extremely comfortable for me which is a major deal for my intended usage. They do also seem to be very well made.

As for the sound three things stood out to me when first listening to them: 1. The bass 2. They does indeed sound more like a open pair of headphones than any other closed cans I've heard and 3. They sounded surprisingly familiar for some reason.

So after 24 hours with them I'd say that they've got amazing bass, just what I'd like from a pair of closed planars and a nice contrast to most of my other headphones. The midrange has great quality and feels very transparent. The treble is very well behaved without feeling rolled off. Soundstage feels very believable and coherent without being exceptional in any direction. Overall I think they're very relaxed, fun and enjoyable to listen to.

Despite needing some power they work OK with the Quedelix 5K Bluetooth amp/dac and really well with the Hiby R5 dap. On the Burson Conductor V2+ they sound exceptional.

As for the familiarity in the sound that I mentioned initially I find them to have a lot in common with the Brainwaivz Alara. Of course there's the typical difference between open and closed headphones but if Brainwaivz ever did a closed version of the Alara I'd imagine that they'd sound very similar to the Aeon's.

Now I'm going to try them with some more desktop solutions:

20210327_152050.jpg
Sweet rig dude.

Apr 3, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #627 of 830
I have Aeon 2 Closed back and I’m looking for portable Dac/amp or other portable setups for this. Any recommendation?
Get a HUM MA1-B, it accepts 4.4 line out and is ridiculously powerful. Or else you could stretch for a woo audio wa11

Apr 4, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #630 of 830
I have Aeon 2 Closed back and I’m looking for portable Dac/amp or other portable setups for this. Any recommendation?
I was using my Chord Mojo with my A2C when going to school or traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back