Aeon 2 closed Impressions and Discussion
Jan 15, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #226 of 830
He asked "How are these with Symphonic, vocal, opera ?" and I stated my opinion. And ?
If you think otherwise you are free to state your own musical opinion.
He asked "How are these with Symphonic, vocal, opera ?" and I stated my opinion. And ?
If you think otherwise you are free to state your own musical opinion.

Just in case people here aren’t following the other thread, I think it’s important to note that @flarex3 has diligently been trying to figure out why his A2C, which he bought after not liking a friends’ pair nor the A1C, don’t sound good to him, and disagreeing with all advice he has received, even from Dan Clark: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...nd-of-mrspeakers.918309/page-56#post-15416295

So, please take his/her opinion in that context.

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #227 of 830
I hit the ignore button on him, and it's been a thread of people replying to him haha.

I think I'll wait for before grabbing a pair. At 1500 AUD, I think the value isn't quite there. Maybe a used set at some point.

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #228 of 830
I've been pulling my hair out not pulling the trigger on a pair of aeon 2 open in the for sale forum . Just simply don't want open headphone lol but his price is right at my budget

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #229 of 830
This waiting game gave me enough time to consider other options to buy. Now I kinda want to finish my speaker system. If I could make up my mind between topping d90 and denafrips ares 2 I probably would have spent my money by now too lol

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #230 of 830
I luv the open!!!! I don’t need closed. Live by myself and have JH Lola’s for travel.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #231 of 830
I luv the open!!!! I don’t need closed. Live by myself and have JH Lola’s for travel.

I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD-6XX's because 1) Massdrop had them at a reduced price, and 2) I needed a high impedance pair of cans to do some OTL amp evaluations. Here's what's funny -- the 6XX's are an open design, yet the A2C's flat clobber them at the soundstage and space thing. Not to say that the A2O's don't improve on that even further (haven't heard them myself), just surprised me to no end as I was expecting the reverse. The Senns do the left/right thing quite well with nicely extended outer boundaries, there's just no front-to-back depth in comparison to the A2C's.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #232 of 830
I just dont like open headphones usually. I feel it's harder to distinctly see textures and colors. Also micro details and dynamics are harder to hear if everyone isn't in bed.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #233 of 830
I just picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD-6XX's because 1) Massdrop had them at a reduced price, and 2) I needed a high impedance pair of cans to do some OTL amp evaluations. Here's what's funny -- the 6XX's are an open design, yet the A2C's flat clobber them at the soundstage and space thing. Not to say that the A2O's don't improve on that even further (haven't heard them myself), just surprised me to no end as I was expecting the reverse. The Senns do the left/right thing quite well with nicely extended outer boundaries, there's just no front-to-back depth in comparison to the A2C's.
I have the Senn’s as well. Great headphone. I’m using a balanced cable on both the Senn’s and the A2O’s. The Aeon’s blow them away, at least in my opinion. But they should at the price they’re selling for. Great value in my opinion.

Leo

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #234 of 830
A2C... The soundstage is disapoointing as well. No depth- only 2D sound field. And the sound is either at the exact left, center, or right (9-12-3 o'clock) . Nothing at the space between the three points.

In terms of soundstage A2C is just like a cheap regular closed back. Other expensive closed backs (Focal, ZMF, Senn) have semi-open soundstage but A2C is very intimate.

I guess more people will agree with me about this because soundstage is less subjecitve than tonality and other matters.

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #235 of 830
I listen to A LOT of live Grateful Dead recordings with these cans (open) and oh my gosh, I can place each instrument, the two drummers, the piano, rhythm guitar and lead guitars, it’s great. Vocals are the same way. I can hear a recording now and hear all the flaws in the mix (if I wanted to nitpick).

Flarex3, perhaps you should sell your cans and move on? Just saying, I’ve read several of your posts and you seem very, very unhappy. Why keep them? Plenty of people will be very happy to purchase them at a slight discount.

Leo

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #237 of 830
I listen to A LOT of live Grateful Dead recordings with these cans (open) and oh my gosh, I can place each instrument, the two drummers, the piano, rhythm guitar and lead guitars, it’s great. Vocals are the same way. I can hear a recording now and hear all the flaws in the mix (if I wanted to nitpick).

Flarex3, perhaps you should sell your cans and move on? Just saying, I’ve read several of your posts and you seem very, very unhappy. Why keep them? Plenty of people will be very happy to purchase them at a slight discount.

Leo

Yes I'm returning it
Mine is the Closed one. I don't know about the Open, maybe it is a wonderful can.

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #238 of 830
Hows the detail retrieval compared to your k7xx?
It seems to have a larger soundstage, better basss, but the detail retrieval of the A2O is not nearly as precise as the k7xx. In all honesty, I really enjoy the K7xx for classical. Not that the Aeon is any slouch. The 7xx is good change every now and then.

Leo

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #239 of 830
Thanks man I appreciat . Im Still interested was just curiou . Might have to get a k7xx too lol

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #240 of 830
Ja Mon! All is Crisp!

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back