May 13, 2006 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fizban

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I'm down to these 2 sets of speakers!
Aego-M
Klipsch Promedia 2.1

Which should i get?

I listen to bass-heavy music, classical, and almost anything under the sun except heavy metal and industrial rock.
Will be using my 5G ipod video as main source. Maybe with a dock for line-out.

I was considering altec lansing's fx6021, but after seeing not very favourable views on it here, i've decided against it.

May 14, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #2 of 6
The Aego M/2 is much better suited to "lighter" music, like ambient/pop/jazz, and it isn't very suitable for large orchestral works either. (but then again, not many speakers in this price range are
biggrin.gif
) Jazz is the Aego series' forte. While it will handle some rock music fairly competantly, I don't think it will give you the "heavy bass" you're seeking. It isn't the fastest pair of speakers out there, either.

As for the promedia's brightness... well I don't own a unit so I can't comment on that, but the Aegos too, are a little on the bright side. Plus, the subwoofer is sharply rolled off at ~50hz, but it tries to "make up" for it with a somewhat exaggerated midbass section. Maybe you'll like that though
biggrin.gif
It isn't particularly annoying to me, but it is less "accurate".

May 14, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks!
Really informative!

The Aego-M costs a great deal more than the Klipsch...but i don't want to settel for Klipsch only to find that i don't like it much...and the same goes for Aego-M.

May 15, 2006 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 6
I just got a set of ProMedia's yesterday and i LOVE them!!! Very balanced, powerful sub, and great sounding satellite speakers. I EQ'd them to fit my taste, but they do sound very good un-eq'd as well.

May 16, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 6
Over here at Singapore, there isn't a singel set of Promedia 2.1's to be found...only the GMX series is sold...
Is it any good?

May 24, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #6 of 6
I saw the Klipsch ProMedia in one of the shops on the 5th floor of Sim Lim Square a few years back.

I own one but bought in the US. I haven't heard others, but it sounds really good for computer speakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back