advise on pairing with headphone
Sep 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jamonbutter

New Head-Fier
Dear all, new to this world of head fi, will be getting a ibasso t4 soon and using it wif my px100. However aim to upgrade to a grado sr 325is or akg k701/2. So my worries is that which is a better option in term of my purchase of t4 (would it have any problem driving either of them, which is my best bet for sound). I'm into all round music from rock to classical......
One point to note is that I may not be getting a desk amp any sooner........sigh budget........

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 4
why would u want the k701/2 instead of a portable headphone with the same sound sig? It wont sound too great from a T4. If you want to get into home headphones, you need home gear, unless the OEM does what jamato tells it does..

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 4
yeah but for the money of the OEM he could buy a decent nhome amp anyway. I agree though; the grados will be OK, but not great out of the T4, but the K701.... no way

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi, Thanks for your valuable advice! Would definitely want a home amp but as of now looking at upgrading the headphone first..... seem like it would be sound to get home amp as mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back