Advise on amps
Mar 26, 2014 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

brandnew2

New Head-Fier
I need some help!

I have Sennheiser HD600 headphones, however I have been told that to get the best out of them I should purchase an amp. I genuinely have no idea about amps (I know this is probably sacrilege here) but I would like to get some expert advise on this. I have seen lots of good reviews on the Fiio portable amps, I would be looking for a portable one as I listen to music mostly through my laptop and iPhone. However I have no clue if Fiio is what I should be looking at or if there are other brands of portable amps which would be better. I know I don't know a lot about these things but I still enjoy listening to music and would like to get the best out of my headphone so could someone please help in offering their opinion.

Thank you

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 3
If you have a look in this link below, which will give you many threads in our search engine asking the same thing. Take some time to read the threads and grasp what amps are available for you. I can tell you, I certainly think you require an amp for HD600.

(for laptop a DAC/Amp is recommended)

http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch?search=amp+for+hd600

Mar 28, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 3
I have the hd600 too albeit i only use it with my desk setup hence been driving them with the little dot mkIVse, and drive em aplenty.

When talking about a portable one, I have tried the hd600 with my fav portable amp, the Govibe Portatube plus and the amp can drive the hd600 easily on low gain. So, i highly recommend this amp to use with a laptop (it has a built in dac) and to use with ure lphone. The sound of this amp, regardless of what it drives is spactacular.

I have also read that the Vorzuge pure II and the portaphile 627 series also could drive the hd600 easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back