1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Advise for office set up

1. CardinalBlood
    I'm a noob. I freely admit it. And I have been ruined by my first higher end combo of headphones, DAC, and AMP. I have gone over to the dark side and will never turn back. I do not have the vocabulary down yet, but I know what I like and the combo of an Audio-GD R2R 11 and HifiMan He-400i are heaven.

I purchased an Audio-GD R2R 11 DAC/Amp for work, which I was planning on combining with close backed headphones. Well, I have discovered that I just love the combo with my hifiman HE-400i and Audeze iSine LX IEM, both of which are inappropriate for my office environment. Long story short, the Audio-GC R2R 11 is staying home.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an appropriate desktop Amp, DAC, and close backed, over ear headphone combination for someone who has a measurable deficiency in the 4KHz frequency range and a $500 budget? I know these things are subjective, But I discovered the Audio-GD R2R 11 by reading Head-fi. I love the debates and the information gained.

Thanks.