Advice
Jul 29, 2008 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pexton

New Head-Fier
I am on my 5th pair of V-Moda Vibe headphones midnight blue. I have had them replaced over and over again because I find them so delicate and now the warranty is over I have literally given up on continuing to have them replaced. It's a shame as I loved the sound they produced but every 3 or 4 months...something went wrong in one of the channels or both. So really, just want to ask what headphones can you all recommend for the same price (around $100) that have a similar sound quality. They need to be a lot more durable though as I wear them a lot.

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pexton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am on my 5th pair of V-Moda Vibe headphones midnight blue. I have had them replaced over and over again because I find them so delicate and now the warranty is over I have literally given up on continuing to have them replaced. It's a shame as I loved the sound they produced but every 3 or 4 months...something went wrong in one of the channels or both. So really, just want to ask what headphones can you all recommend for the same price (around $100) that have a similar sound quality. They need to be a lot more durable though as I wear them a lot.

Thanks!

As we take our customers’ feedback very seriously, we wanted to let you know about new features that will improve the durability of our earphones.

We recently identified the plug of our Vibe Duo headphones as a point that has caused a higher-than-acceptable return rate by V-MODA’s strict quality control standards. In light of this discovery we have completely reengineered our plug to a sleek, durable design that has proven to withstand the rigorous wear presented by daily use. Using a 45-degree flexible design, the reengineered plug allows an optimal range of motion while maintaining a sturdy metallic core fused to a 24-carat gold-plated plug.

This new plug will be incorporated into all VIBE and VIBE Duo products and will be available soon at shop.V-MODA.com. The updated products will remain compatible with the Apple iPhone, the iPod, an array of smartphones and all other portable music players.

If you would like to send your defective Vibe Duo headphones back for a warranty replacement, please keep in mind that the Vibe Duos will not be available for shipment until late August.

We firmly stand behind V-MODA’s One-Year Premier Warranty on all of our products. If you are experiencing problems with a V-MODA product, please consult our warranty page for detailed instructions on our warranty program. Our customer service team is here to promptly serve you with any questions you have regarding our products.

Thanks for being a part of the V-MODA culture.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm pretty sure someone here can give you just the advice your looking for. I've read the same thing from others about the V-moda buds. You should have a good selection for ~$100.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-Moda CS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As we take our customers’ feedback very seriously, we wanted to let you know about new features that will improve the durability of our earphones.

We recently identified the plug of our Vibe Duo headphones as a point that has caused a higher-than-acceptable return rate by V-MODA’s strict quality control standards. In light of this discovery we have completely reengineered our plug to a sleek, durable design that has proven to withstand the rigorous wear presented by daily use. Using a 45-degree flexible design, the reengineered plug allows an optimal range of motion while maintaining a sturdy metallic core fused to a 24-carat gold-plated plug.

This new plug will be incorporated into all VIBE and VIBE Duo products and will be available soon at shop.V-MODA.com. The updated products will remain compatible with the Apple iPhone, the iPod, an array of smartphones and all other portable music players.

If you would like to send your defective Vibe Duo headphones back for a warranty replacement, please keep in mind that the Vibe Duos will not be available for shipment until late August.

We firmly stand behind V-MODA’s One-Year Premier Warranty on all of our products. If you are experiencing problems with a V-MODA product, please consult our warranty page for detailed instructions on our warranty program. Our customer service team is here to promptly serve you with any questions you have regarding our products.

Thanks for being a part of the V-MODA culture.

Have you guys considered making the entire cable with plugs on both ends, allowing users to upgrade/modify the factory cables?
Just wondering, many here do just that.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 8
@pexton

I'm sure you could have posted this in the portable phone forum. You might get more responses. I'm on a mission to keep head-fi neat and tidy you know.

Jul 30, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@pexton

I'm sure you could have posted this in the portable phone forum. You might get more responses. I'm on a mission to keep head-fi neat and tidy you know.

It seems to me that pexton received a home run response from V-Moda CS. If I'm reading it correctly, V-Moda CS is offering a free(out of warranty??) replacement.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #7 of 8
Well, that proves they read the boards, but don't you think vmoda would have found the thread in the portable forums as easily as on the members forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back