Advice required on workout setup
Apr 14, 2017 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xenon20

New Head-Fier
Hi all

I am looking to buy a new DAP for going to the gym. I'm based in UK. Got a budget of £200 for phones and DAP. Thinking probably buy a budget DAP and a decent set of phones.

First I started considering if I even need a DAP as I have a Google nexus 5 smartphone with 25GB of free memory, but figured that my battery may not always be charged enough and would run down quickly. 

I'm unsure if I should opt for a DAP with bluetooth to allow the use of wireless headphones. The idea of having no wires is obviously a plus for gym work, but I guess if you've got securely fitted buds with round the ear clips, then you can just have the wires going under your t-shirt without too much obstruction. The other thing I was thinking is that if you had a bluetooth car stereo you could pair it with that which would be cool. Other things to consider is battery life, not using the built in headphone amp, sound quality and loudness etc. I know that a lot can come down to personal preference but I'm hoping for some opinions or experiences from gym goers that have tried both.

I like the idea of being able to clip it onto your waistband, armband or shirt etc rather than having it bouncing around in my pocket as I run, meaning having to make sure I have a zipable pocket so it wont fly out, and leaving a gap for the wire to go through. 
Realistically I don't think I will ever need any more than a 64GB capacity so a single card slot is fine. 

Also been hearing about Rockbox, is this something that any player I buy should support ?

Lots of hype about the various Sandisk models, but been reading on here that the newer versions with different chips are not as good as the older discontinued models. Heard about other brands that I'm not familiar with such as FiiO and XDuoo among others.

Is there anything these days that beats the new line of Sandisk models for the price, that has a clip (or the ability to add one), with bluetooth (maybe), memory card slot and reasonable sound quality ? Not Apple of course!

Is it worth looking on sites such as gearbest, banggood, fasttech etc for cheap deals ?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Paul

Apr 14, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 2
I'd just get a pair of Bluetooth universal Iems. I have RBH Bluetooth and love them. Jaybird Bluetooth also aren't bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back