Advice please on my next headphone purchase. Love my HD598's so I'm looking for a sealed analogue to them.
May 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kphooligann

New Head-Fier
My current headphone collection consists on the HD 598's, a pair of seriously old Grado SR80's, a Fostex T50RP, and, for portable listening Phillips Fidelio M1's.  These are the ones I'm listening to lately at least. Of all of them I like the Senns the best. The Fostex and Grado models fatigue my ears.  So I'm considering the HD6 Mix for my next purchase.  But so much has been writen about the Audio Technica ATH50X and then for about the same price there is the Shure SRH 840.  I'd even consider the SRH 940 at this point.                   

So, my question is, "Is there a set of sealed headphones that will have a similar frequency response to the HD 598's ?"

For my next purchase I'm really trying to avoid recessed mids and a portable length cable.

Any advice is welcome!

May 20, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #2 of 4
What is your budget?
What sources do you plug your headphones into?

May 20, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 4
I stream exclusively.  My computer is linked via usb cable to an NAD D3020.  I use Spotify mostly but sometimes Classical Archives or Hearts of Space.  I listen to Jazz, Bluegrass, Classical, Lounge, and Space Music.  My budget is $150 to $300, maybe, more like to $200. It depends on what's available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back