Advice please - headphones with compact audio system
Oct 16, 2019 at 8:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,over the past few years I have been traveling around with no fixed base so my headphone setup has been through a laptop with a dragonfly red dac amp.I have all my music on my laptop in flac format,but still have al of my CD`s.
Just settled into a small apartment and have got some Ruark wifi speakers that have a nice enough sound,but am now thinking of getting a small audio system like the Yamaha music cast or one of the Denons that I can connect to my speakers via bluetooth.
My question is what would the sound quality be like from one of these units through my headphones.The headphones I have are low impedance,Beyer DT250 80 ohm,and Soundmagic hp200,with a pair of Meze 99`s probably arriving shortly.
Any feedback much appreciated.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,over the past few years I have been traveling around with no fixed base so my headphone setup has been through a laptop with a dragonfly red dac amp.I have all my music on my laptop in flac format,but still have al of my CD`s.
Just settled into a small apartment and have got some Ruark wifi speakers that have a nice enough sound,but am now thinking of getting a small audio system like the Yamaha music cast or one of the Denons that I can connect to my speakers via bluetooth.
My question is what would the sound quality be like from one of these units through my headphones.The headphones I have are low impedance,Beyer DT250 80 ohm,and Soundmagic hp200,with a pair of Meze 99`s probably arriving shortly.
Any feedback much appreciated.

I have a Yamaha music cast set up and I like it quite a bit, the headphone out on the receiver is more enjoyable to me than the headphone out of my MacBook.
But why wouldn’t you just stick with Ruark? They have a “Steaming Music System” that has headphone out, if you already invested in a system you like the sound of its more economical to stick with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back