Advice on In Ear/Canalphones (IEM?) for 5.5G iPod video, £60/$120.
Mar 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Duffy1207

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there. I'm new on here, and I'd like some advice, please.

I have a 5.5G iPod video on which I mostly listen to Rock, Hip Hop, some dance and then a little acoustic stuff. I'd like a well pronounced sound that had a good bass kick for the dance and the hip-hop, but doesn't sound too muddy for the Rock and acoustic.

I've been using a pair of CX300's my mom got me last year, and they're on the way out, and even though I can get them replaced under Guarantee, I don't want to have to wait for 2 weeks using the white iPod "things" that come in the box. I like the bass the Sennies give and I used to think they were brilliant, but they were my first pair of "premium" headphones, as previously I used the in ear jobs you get with Sony Ericsson walkman phones, and I've come to learn that you can get much better earphones that won't break the bank.

Basically, I've been looking at the Shure SE210's, which can be had for a little over my budget, the Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 3, Jays D-Jays, Mylarone X3i, and possibly some second hand Shure E3c's which aren't too expensive.

I've heard mixed reviews on the SE210's, hearing that there's no bass and they're too expensive for what you get, but I've also heard good things about the build quality and after sales service.

The Super Fi's are made to look very appealing from reviews I've seen, but again, I've heard they can suffer from a lack of bass, and they are quite big.

The Mylarone's look good but the quality and lack of after sales service puts me off, they do look quite cheap and that cable looks very easy to break.

Finally, the D-Jays are meant to be very good, but the qualitly again puts me off, and I don't know an awful ammmount about them.

Can anyone that's heard/got any of these phones give me a bit of feedback?Thanks

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 8
Both the SF3 and SE210 wont have the kind of bass your CX300s have, although I dont have any experience or knowledge of the other phones you mentioned. But actually, not many IEMs in your price range even come close to the amount of bass CX300s have.

I would try looking into the SuperFi.5 Pro. I got to try a friends pair and the bass on them is pretty impressive (and probably enough for you). Clarity with them also isn't bad, more clear and more separation than SE210s. Only problem is that I find its kind of hard to get a good fit with them, and they aren't as comfortable as phones like Shures. Its also a bit above your price range, but more worth it that the SE210/110.

Mar 8, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 8
You can get Denon AH-C551 for under $100, it has good reviews here on forum. Good punchy bass, clear mid and high, aluminum casing (durability), wide varieties of tips (fitting), not as isolating as SF3 and SE210, but it's not that bad either.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the response, I very much like the look of the Super Fi. 5's, little pricey but I've heard its worth it. I'm not a basshead by the way, my first post made me look a little like that
eek.gif
, but coming from a pair of CX300's, I wouldn't like something with a lack of bass.

Anyone else?

Mar 10, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 8
I made the same change (cx300 to SF5P). If you can swallow the price then you will be happy. You will have to spend upwards of £100 for them and then you will probably want to get comply foam eartips which will set you back another £15 more or less.

Do NOT get the SE210. You will hate it. As well as the lack of bass the cable is very thick and very heavy. The only good thing about them is the awesome black 'olive' foam eartips.

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 8
[QUOTE = "Duffy1207, bài đăng: 3916489, thành viên: 69819"]
Này đó. Tôi là người mới ở đây, và tôi muốn một số lời khuyên, xin vui lòng.

Tôi có một video iPod 5,5G mà tôi chủ yếu nghe Rock, Hip Hop, một số điệu nhảy và sau đó là một chút âm thanh. Tôi muốn một âm thanh được phát âm rõ ràng, có âm trầm tốt cho dance và hip-hop, nhưng không quá lầy đối với Rock và acoustic.

Tôi đã sử dụng một cặp CX300 của mẹ tôi mua cho tôi vào năm ngoái, và chúng đang được chuyển đi và mặc dù tôi có thể thay thế chúng theo Bảo hành, tôi không muốn phải đợi 2 tuần khi sử dụng iPod màu trắng "những thứ" đi kèm trong hộp. Tôi thích âm trầm mà Sennies cung cấp và tôi từng nghĩ chúng rất tuyệt vời, nhưng chúng là cặp tai nghe "cao cấp" đầu tiên của tôi, vì trước đây tôi đã sử dụng các công việc tai mà bạn có được với điện thoại Sony Ericsson walkman và tôi đã đến biết rằng bạn có thể có được những chiếc tai nghe tốt hơn nhiều mà không bị phá sản.

Về cơ bản, tôi đã xem xét Shure SE210, có thể có với ngân sách của tôi một chút, Ultimate Ears Super Fi. 3, Jays D-Jays, Mylarone X3i, và có thể là một số Shure E3c đã qua sử dụng không quá đắt.

Tôi đã nghe nhiều đánh giá trái chiều về SE210, nghe nói rằng không có âm trầm và chúng quá đắt so với những gì bạn nhận được, nhưng tôi cũng đã nghe thấy những điều tốt đẹp về chất lượng xây dựng và dịch vụ sau bán hàng.

Super Fi's được tạo ra để trông rất hấp dẫn từ các bài đánh giá mà tôi đã xem, nhưng một lần nữa, tôi nghe nói rằng chúng có thể bị thiếu âm trầm và chúng khá lớn.

Mylarone có vẻ ngoài đẹp nhưng chất lượng và thiếu dịch vụ hậu mãi khiến tôi không hài lòng, chúng trông khá rẻ và dây cáp trông rất dễ đứt.

Cuối cùng, D-Jays được cho là rất tốt, nhưng chất lượng kém một lần nữa khiến tôi thất vọng và tôi không biết một số lượng khủng khiếp về chúng.

Bất cứ ai đã nghe / có bất kỳ điện thoại nào trong số này có thể cho tôi một chút phản hồi không? Cảm ơn
[/TRÍCH DẪN]

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #7 of 8
[QUOTE = "pomme de terre, bài: 3916521, thành viên: 66375"]
Cả SF3 và SE210 đều không có loại âm trầm mà chiếc CX300 của bạn có, mặc dù tôi không có bất kỳ kinh nghiệm hoặc kiến thức nào về các điện thoại khác mà bạn đã đề cập. Nhưng trên thực tế, không nhiều IEM trong tầm giá của bạn thậm chí gần bằng số lượng âm trầm mà CX300 có được.

Tôi sẽ thử xem xét SuperFi.5 Pro. Tôi phải thử một cặp bạn bè và âm trầm trên chúng khá ấn tượng (và có lẽ là đủ đối với bạn). Độ rõ ràng của chúng cũng không tệ, rõ ràng hơn và tách bạch hơn so với SE210. Chỉ có một vấn đề là tôi thấy khó có thể kết hợp tốt với chúng và chúng không thoải mái như những chiếc điện thoại như Shures. Nó cũng cao hơn một chút so với phạm vi giá của bạn, nhưng đáng giá hơn SE210 / 110.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]

Nov 18, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 8
The advantage of over-ear headphones is that the sound quality is good, especially the bass with high volume and large sound range. In addition, this product is also famous for its excellent noise filtering ability (except for open back over ear headphones).
The downside of this product lies in the design of the headset. Because over ear headphones are quite large in size, they are not as flexible as other headphones. Over ear headphones are not suitable for moving people but for listening to music in a fixed space. In addition, some headphone models can cause ear heat when worn for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back