Advice on headphone purchase, to sell or mod?
Apr 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Voltmod

New Head-Fier
Hey fellas, I have a pair of Allen & Heath XD-53 that I use to DJ with occasionally; I only mix a party here and there while I mix in my bedroom a few times a week. Unfortunately, they aren't very comfortable after about 30 minutes of continuous use. I just got a new video card and want a more comfortable pair of cans to game and listen to music with. Music and gaming are the two priorities. I listen to lots of sub-bass music like UK dubstep, but I also listen to classic rock and reggae. 

I use a Denon DNX-600 DJ mixer as the soundcard for my desktop PC. It has a nice USB soundcard, and I plug my headphones into the mixer jack that also has a high quality headphone amp built in; makes it easy to adjust EQ on the fly :wink:

Do you guys know of any way to get some way more comfortable earpads for the 53s or should I just sell them and grab some Beyerdynamic DT770s? 

I hear the isolation on the DT770s is pretty legit, so I think I could at least get away with DJing with them. 

I'm also moving to a studio next year with my girl, so I think speakers aren't an option for gaming at that point, so I need something comfy. 

Anybody got suggestions? Trying to keep the budget at $200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back