Advice on Gaming / Travel headphones
May 25, 2017 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Vudew

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I travel 75% of the time for work. Flying twice a week on average, and staying in hotels. I am looking for a good set of headphones that travel well, and are preferably have the option of both wired and bluetooth so that I can pair them with my phone to watch movies / music during the flight. But can connect to my laptop via wire. I have an MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro, so cannot add a sound card into it. not exactly sure what sound card it has in it :frowning2: .. Below are a few other bits of information.

Budget: $400 (+100 if the difference is massive)
Audio taste range from rock, to rap, to country to classical. Headphones will be used for movies, music during flights, and gaming (FPS, MMO, MOBA,)(Gaming is probably most important)
Any help would be greatly appreciated

May 25, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 10
Check out the B&W P7 Wireless. It would seem to meet most of your criteria. The only caveat is that we usually recommend an open headphone for most gamers (not always, but usually) and an open headphone is not an option on an airplane. Hence, the P7 (which is closed) recommendation. Read about it. See what you think. It could work.

May 28, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 10
Why do you want wireless on the plane? I do not travel as much as you do but I much more prefer in ears on planes. The phone is going to be there in front of you what is the problem with a wire? ANC headphones just kill music and some closed back headphones do not cut out enough noise on a plane for me . There are several really good in ears for cheap and then a pair of open backs for gaming would I think would be ideal.

May 28, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 10
Why do you want wireless on the plane? I do not travel as much as you do but I much more prefer in ears on planes. The phone is going to be there in front of you what is the problem with a wire? ANC headphones just kill music and some closed back headphones do not cut out enough noise on a plane for me . There are several really good in ears for cheap and then a pair of open backs for gaming would I think would be ideal.
Because i hate wires on the plane, and connected to my phone. And want the option to do both wired, or wireless. I had the bose AES headphones (not the QC35s, don't remember specifically which model) and they cut the noise well enough. But what is the advantage to open backed headphones?

May 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 10
You have enough budget to get a good one. You may take a look on any of these

Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 ($320)
V-MODA Crossfade Wireless ($360)
Astro A50 Wireless ($220)
SteelSeries Siberia 840 ($320)

May 28, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 10
Check out the B&W P7 Wireless. It would seem to meet most of your criteria. The only caveat is that we usually recommend an open headphone for most gamers (not always, but usually) and an open headphone is not an option on an airplane. Hence, the P7 (which is closed) recommendation. Read about it. See what you think. It could work.
So I checked out the P7 wireless, and they look great, the only problem is the method it uses when you switch between wired and wireless :frowning2: So sadly my quest continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back