Advice on annoying prob with Sennheiser CX400 please
Oct 5, 2009 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

toastiest

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was hoping that someone will be able to help me with this!

I've just ordered a pair of CX400s and when I push these into my ear I noticed a sound which is hard to describe. It comes from the plastic ear tips and the only way I can describe it is like its almost a clicking sound. Does anyone else with these headphones get this?

If I just use my finger to gently push the ear tips in and release it will make an audible clicking sound. Almost like the plastic is sticking then unsticking or there is a suction that is then released. When I push these into my ear or adjust them this clicking sound is loud and I'm just not used to it.

I never had any similar problems with my in-ear sony headphones so I took the ear tips from that to my new headphones but exactly the same problem! click click click
L3000.gif
I cannot repeat this sound with my sony headphones.

I used this forum's very helpful threads and from looking at the pictures of genuine and fake cx400s these are genuine as far as I can tell.

Is this sound normal and is there some way I can solve this? I've tried dusting lightly with powder to make sure it's not plastic sticking...

Many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back